Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Upgrading from P3P - Pre-Ordered Inspire 1 with Zenmuse X5

Reaction score
Since the day I got the P3P I was disappointed with both its video and photographic capabilities. In post it was a real pain to color grade and fix the source footage to any usable degree.

So DJI finally found a way for me to open my wallet again; the min the Zenmuse X5 reveal came out I pre-ordered an Inspire 1. I am hoping the bitrate for the X5 gets raised to at least 100Mbs, but since I usually only shoot 1080P I don't think the bitrate will be a problem. Of course the compression they use is still worrisome but I was willing to take the risk. At the very least the 16MP stills with that sensor should be a huge improvement over the P3P.

I have about 3 major projects lined up and they all involve launching from a boat so I will be putting the I1 to work the day I get it. I've promised my customers commercial grade footage, and I really hope the X5 does not let me down.

Reactions: Scotflieger
Hi, If you don't mind me asking, what price did you get on your Inspire 1? The reason I ask is that I have a 'New In Box' Inspire 1 with Single Controller For Sale. $2675 shipped...

Figured I could save you some money if you are interested..

Thanks,
Chris Ward

Since the day I got the P3P I was disappointed with both its video and photographic capabilities. In post it was a real pain to color grade and fix the source footage to any usable degree.

So DJI finally found a way for me to open my wallet again; the min the Zenmuse X5 reveal came out I pre-ordered an Inspire 1. I am hoping the bitrate for the X5 gets raised to at least 100Mbs, but since I usually only shoot 1080P I don't think the bitrate will be a problem. Of course the compression they use is still worrisome but I was willing to take the risk. At the very least the 16MP stills with that sensor should be a huge improvement over the P3P.

I have about 3 major projects lined up and they all involve launching from a boat so I will be putting the I1 to work the day I get it. I've promised my customers commercial grade footage, and I really hope the X5 does not let me down.

Thanks for the offer, but I already ordered everything, Inspire 1, dual controllers, 6 batteries, Go Professional case; on Amazon the Inspire 1's with a single controller and X3 are going for $2749.00 but I didn't see the point in paying for an extra X3 camera which I will never use.

I paid 4499.00 for the Inspire 1 and ZX5 only, so that works out to being $500.00 cheaper than buying your offer and then having to buy the stabilizer bracket and camera.

Last edited:
Thanks for the offer, but I already ordered everything, Inspire 1, dual controllers, 6 batteries, Go Professional case; on Amazon the Inspire 1's with a single controller and X3 are going for $2749.00 but I didn't see the point in paying for an extra X3 camera which I will never use.

I paid 4499.00 for the Inspire 1 and ZX5 only, so that works out to being $500.00 cheaper than buying your offer and then having to buy the stabilizer bracket and camera.
They can't ship this fast enough! Im ready to buy one of these new cameras.

I just hope it lives up to the hype. Have yet to see RAW video footage from the I1, but with that sensor it has to be better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth