Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Upgrading FW from 1.4 to current. What's the NFZ status?

Reaction score
Hey folks, I'm down on FW version 1.4 and my radios match that same FW version. I haven't updated due to not wanting to be stuck with the NFZ limits. Do we have the option to disable the NFZ's yet? Should I upgrade to the current version? Or stay where I'm at right now? I have noticed NO issues with my AC setup currently. Flys like a freaking dream. I would how ever like to use the Autopilot app, while flying out at Burning Man this year... What are everyones thoughts on upgrading to the most current FW for the original i1? I live 2 block inside a circle that is a NFZ here in the Los Angeles area. I never fly above 60 feet when testing at my house. Will upgrading to the newest FW cause my AC to not start the motors if I'm with in a NFZ circle? Even at the outer most point of the NFZ radius?

Also, do I need to do every FW update in order from the 1.4 version? or can I just download the newest FW and deploy that to the AC/radios/batts?

Hey folks, I'm down on FW version 1.4 and my radios match that same FW version. I haven't updated due to not wanting to be stuck with the NFZ limits. Do we have the option to disable the NFZ's yet? Should I upgrade to the current version? Or stay where I'm at right now? I have noticed NO issues with my AC setup currently. Flys like a freaking dream. I would how ever like to use the Autopilot app, while flying out at Burning Man this year... What are everyones thoughts on upgrading to the most current FW for the original i1? I live 2 block inside a circle that is a NFZ here in the Los Angeles area. I never fly above 60 feet when testing at my house. Will upgrading to the newest FW cause my AC to not start the motors if I'm with in a NFZ circle? Even at the outer most point of the NFZ radius?

Also, do I need to do every FW update in order from the 1.4 version? or can I just download the newest FW and deploy that to the AC/radios/batts?
Have you registered and been authorised for Burning Man?
The rules are much stricter this year.
Drones | Burning Man

I'm just trying to get info on the FW updates and NFZ status. Mainly, do we have the option to "opt out" and continue flying. I'm not trying to fly over an airport or anything stupid like that, but some of our jobs do take us to the outer rings of a few NFZ's. There are a lot of NFZ's out here in the Los Angeles area.

Not sure about opting out, but as for FW updates you should not need to apply everyone in order, I'm sure someone will correct if wrong [emoji23][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I was told by a DJI employee on a different site related to the Inspire 1, that I will not need to upgrade in order of each FW version. But I do need to upgrade the aircraft, and batteries before I upgrade the radio's FW, and that I am to update the radios from the DJI Go App. I assume I need to have the newest version of the Go App on my tablet first to do this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop