Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Upgrading Osmo with an external mic.

Osmo Sound options

• Use the Native mic. Just mute the video like I nomally do

• a) Buy video mics like Rode go, or pro for the ultimate sound quality.

• b) Get a mini directivite mic to avoid fan noise

• c) Go wireless

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
Guys, I just pre-ordered DJI Osmo. It's gonna be my first gimbal so I cannot wait to use it :)

I've seen almost every Osmo hands on reviews on Youtube, and I found out that the native mic in Osmo is literally messed up. Everything is perfect but the native mic.

Anyway, I cannot belive how DJI produces Osmo without solving this mic problem.

Even though I mute almost every videos I make, I cannot accept the bad sound quaility.

So this is what I am thinking right now.

Since Osmo has pretty good Pre-amp, according to Youtube reviewers, I do not need powered microphones.

I think I have 3 options

a) Rode Go Mic
Pros - For less than $99, it has pretty good audio quality
- eliminates controlling sound
Cons - Too big and messy lines
- Can't avoid cooling fan sound
- I need to have a shoe mount.

b) Edutige ETM-008
Pros - Small size
- eliminates fan sound
- Cheap, about $30(Amazon)
- simple way to upgrade on your OSMO

Cons - Can't handle the controlling sound
- No one had reviewd yet. Not sure if it works well on OSMO

c) wireless mic or pin mic ( I gotta pass on this)
Pros - Most effective way to upgrade OSMO

Cons - Also the most expensive way to updrade
- Too many things to carry for the shooting

I do not know how to improve the sound quality.

Guys, I just pre-ordered DJI Osmo. It's gonna be my first gimbal so I cannot wait to use it :)

I've seen almost every Osmo hands on reviews on Youtube, and I found out that the native mic in Osmo is literally messed up. Everything is perfect but the native mic.

Anyway, I cannot belive how DJI produces Osmo without solving this mic problem.

Even though I mute almost every videos I make, I cannot accept the bad sound quaility.

So this is what I am thinking right now.

Since Osmo has pretty good Pre-amp, according to Youtube reviewers, I do not need powered microphones.

I think I have 3 options

a) Rode Go Mic
Pros - For less than $99, it has pretty good audio quality
- eliminates controlling sound
Cons - Too big and messy lines
- Can't avoid cooling fan sound
- I need to have a shoe mount.

b) Edutige ETM-008
Pros - Small size
- eliminates fan sound
- Cheap, about $30(Amazon)
- simple way to upgrade on your OSMO

Cons - Can't handle the controlling sound
- No one had reviewd yet. Not sure if it works well on OSMO

c) wireless mic or pin mic ( I gotta pass on this)
Pros - Most effective way to upgrade OSMO

Cons - Also the most expensive way to updrade
- Too many things to carry for the shooting

I do not know how to improve the sound quality.
I just got my Osmo a week ago and the onboard auto is not good at all. I had a $45 Aspen wired lav lying around and used that instead. 1000% better. I have a few other lavs I want to try. My buddy has the new rode mic but hasn't tried it yet. I will be posting a video on YT tonight or tomorrow testing with and without the lav. TechExamined

Has anyone tried this mini mic by Olympus? I thought I would give it a try as it is stereo and the OSMO supports stereo audio.
Found on Amazon. What do you guys think? It is small and plugs right in the front. Also has a extension cable with clip. I am concerned about power compatibility though. For the money I suppose it would be worth trying anyway.
http://www.amazon.com/Olympus-14503...&sr=8-9&keywords=small+mini+camera+microphone

I just got my Osmo a week ago and the onboard auto is not good at all. I had a $45 Aspen wired lav lying around and used that instead. 1000% better. I have a few other lavs I want to try. My buddy has the new rode mic but hasn't tried it yet. I will be posting a video on YT tonight or tomorrow testing with and without the lav. TechExamined
Have the Rode VideoMic Pro mounted on the phone holder however still need an extension rod to move mic away from Oson lens (appears in picture when moving around and to avoid any of the fan noise). Since the DJI rod is not available & they have no idea when ... does anyone know of an alternative extension rod that would work. Thanks for your reply(s)

Rode Videomicro is a really small shotgun mic that does the job
I was wondering what setting on the Videomic pro work the best with the Osmo? I found 0 decibel and the high pass filter seems to be the best. I was picking up some fan noise with the other settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont