Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

US Shuttle Model using the i1

Reaction score
Thought id send these pics out to all the i1 Pilots worldwide. This was shot this morning 1/18/2016. The video looks good too! Might post some other shots latter but, just a quick'e here to inspire your creativity, and luck too!

Gotta go, seeing if I can get a little more with the sun setting in the West (Of Port Canaveral Florida)

Attachments

• DJI_0067.jpg
    DJI_0067.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 211
  • DJI_0079.jpg
    DJI_0079.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 189
How did you Photoshop this?
Great effort...
The one in your photograph is name "Inspiration"
The prototype that never went into space was "Enterprise"
However, I know NASA, when naming the shuttle crafts, was going in alphabetical order, except "Bravery", for some reason, was skipped over in the naming process.
We had Atlantis, Challenger, Columbia, Discovery and Endeavour
Where did the shuttlecrafts F----"Freedom" , G----"Grandeur" and
H----"Homage" go
Great job nonetheless......you have done great work and have given us all food for thought and creativity and again, a chance to revisit an exciting time in space exploration, "discovery" and "inspiration" for future "endeavour"s

If that's what I think it is, that's actually a real shuttle model; it sat outside Space Camp/Astronaut Hall of Fame, and is the shuttle mockup that kids attending Space Camp trained on. It was in the news recently that it was going to be moved from the Astronaut Hall of Fame to a restoration/maintenance center this weekend on the first day that weather permitted; these pictures are presumably Inspiration being loaded up for the maintenance trip.

Pretty cool!

If that's what I think it is, that's actually a real shuttle model; it sat outside Space Camp/Astronaut Hall of Fame, and is the shuttle mockup that kids attending Space Camp trained on. It was in the news recently that it was going to be moved from the Astronaut Hall of Fame to a restoration/maintenance center this weekend on the first day that weather permitted; these pictures are presumably Inspiration being loaded up for the maintenance trip.

Pretty cool!
Thanks for clarifying this for me. This is a mock shuttle, never flown in space, and has been at the Astronaut Hall of Fame for the last 20 years. I do remember the movie Space Camp.
I had to do a double-take when I saw the pictures because I never heard of a Shuttle named "Inspiration" so I had to research and see if there was some space science, or history, I may have missed,
In that context, great images and always will be something to remember of the great technology of that era. It truly is an inspiration!

I'll post one more, this was shot in the evening. Inspiration looking East, Port Canaveral in the background and then the Atlantic Ocean. On a good note I got to meet the new owner of the Shuttle Mock-up, John Pederson, a new customer! i1 does a great job as a photography platform, keep flying gang!

Attachments

• Inspriation looking East.jpg
    Inspriation looking East.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 59
Reactions: jon b and SanCap
The mockup shuttle at space camp in Huntsville is named Pathfinder. It was actually built to to test all the transportation options for shuttles. Ensuring they would fit though spaces required.
It was still there a few months ago. I bring students from our school in Brisbane Australia to space camp in Huntsville each year

Thanks Dave, Inspiration will be lifted up and moved to have some work done, it would be great to have another photo of the Shuttle being lifted by the cranes. In the photo you can see, off to the left, where they plan to set it in place. Cranes will be built along side.

Thanks Dave, Inspiration will be lifted up and moved to have some work done, it would be great to have another photo of the Shuttle being lifted by the cranes. In the photo you can see, off to the left, where they plan to set it in place. Cranes will be built along side.
Hey Michael, we do work with a big crane company here in Longview, TX, Joyce Crane. I've shot a lot of Inspire 1 video for them. Maybe they could bid on the job and we'd hire you to get our video!

We don't have the glorious mountains here in Florida, towering water falls, those long rocky coastlines.... it's flat! But what we do have is forever written in history, along with many Nations that helped in this effort as well.

So.... thought I'd send the peeps another photo. I was hoping for a little better sunset tonight but I made do with what I shot. Not to shabby for a "drone photo"

Go Broncos!

Attachments

• Shuttle At Sunset v2.jpg
    Shuttle At Sunset v2.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 14
  • Shuttle At Sunset.jpg
    Shuttle At Sunset.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 12
Reactions: SanCap
We don't have the glorious mountains here in Florida, towering water falls, those long rocky coastlines.... it's flat! But what we do have is forever written in history, along with many Nations that helped in this effort as well.

So.... thought I'd send the peeps another photo. I was hoping for a little better sunset tonight but I made do with what I shot. Not to shabby for a "drone photo"

Go Broncos!
You continue to impress Michael. These, for my money, are your best shots. Like the angle on the first one best. Looks like a shot from a Mission: Impossible movie where some mastermind has actually stolen a functioning space shuttle and spirited it off to a secret location in a southern bayou! Love to see a video clip too if you can share. Keep it comin'. Great work!!! ( and yes, Go Broncos!)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk