Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Using the Osmo with Inspire lens?

Reaction score
Looking at adding a Osmo; I see it only comes with a X3zoom "dedicated" Camera (Plus model).
The Osmo isn't offered with "no lens" for Inspire owners to use their extra lenses? Is this possible or not with an Osmo. I assume you can't use Osmo lenses on Inspire 1, but I thought Inspire lenses can be used on the Osmo.

Any Inspire Pilots also master Oslo Users too that can share a bit of wisdom?

There are several versions of the Osmo available and the answer depends which version you buy!

The standard Osmo is compatible with the X3, X5 and Z3 cameras. Don't buy the Osmo Mobile versions - i.e. those that use your mobile phone as the camera. You can buy the standard Osmo either on it's own as a handle, or as a complete unit with either the X3 (Osmo) or with the X5 (Osmo Pro or Osmo Pro RAW)

If you already have:

- an Inspire 1 with an X5, then you just need to buy the Osmo handle on it's own without any camera included, and buy the X5 adaptor plate, then you're good to go.
- an Inspire 1 with an X3 or Z3, then just buy the Osmo handle on it's own. The Osmo can use the X3 and the Z3 without any issues.

HTH.

Reactions: PaulyD
There are several versions of the Osmo available and the answer depends which version you buy!

The standard Osmo is compatible with the X3, X5 and Z3 cameras. Don't buy the Osmo Mobile versions - i.e. those that use your mobile phone as the camera. You can buy the standard Osmo either on it's own as a handle, or as a complete unit with either the X3 (Osmo) or with the X5 (Osmo Pro or Osmo Pro RAW)

If you already have:

- an Inspire 1 with an X5, then you just need to buy the Osmo handle on it's own without any camera included, and buy the X5 adaptor plate, then you're good to go.
- an Inspire 1 with an X3 or Z3, then just buy the Osmo handle on it's own. The Osmo can use the X3 and the Z3 without any issues.

HTH.
Nick, great info!
I’ve looked, I haven’t seen as Osmo handle only package. But I was looking at the Plus model assuming it was new version.
Maybe that’s only the X3 Zoom camera addition.

You hit primary questions... if you have a Z3, X3 or X5... you can use them without issue on the Osmo.

I’ll look around for Osmo handle, is this a kit that includes battery, charger, phone attachment arm, etc.

Any handle difference between Osmo & Osmo Plus?

That brings it all together... Thanks!
Do they sell just Osmo Handle kit or that's basically 2nd hand source?

First link in my post above. Or if you're in the US, then try talking directly to the DJI resellers that advertise and post on this forum as you'll likely get better service and lots more friendly help from them than direct from DJI....

@Advexure , @Florida Drone Supply , @FlyHighUSA should be able to help you out.... (apologies if I've missed anyone else from that list!)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell