Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

v1.1.1 of iOS Pilot App is LIVE!!!

Reaction score
Lets get some feedback going!
I'll start...

1) I'm too nervous to upgrade - everything is working great, why fix it if it ain't broke...

Your turn;) Convince me the new features are worth it!

Not sure. I'm going to guess they made it so you can only calibrate when they tell you it needs to be calibrated.
Yes, much better idea and stops the calibration junkies from over calibrating and ending up in ER.

I have always championed that you do not need to calibrate every time you go outside to....... change your mind. Now it seems DJI agree with that way of thinking and have effectively taken away the Calibrate button. It will appear when the compass senses abnormal data or possibly when the GPS detects you have traveled across time and space to a different time zone and the declination has altered sufficiently to warrant a compass cal. Hopefully it will stop people over calibrating or running a calibration standing next to a 300ft crane and getting a skewed result causing a crash!

You can still initiate compass calibration 'YE Olde Fashioned Way' by toggling the flight mode switch quickly between P--Pos and Atti about 5 times for those times when you get the shakes because you haven't calibrated in a while and you simply MUST calibrate. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: gruvpix
Last time I updated, I lost half a dozen channels and was limited to 1.6km.
I've since ordered an antenna kit from @FPVLR which will help with the above problem.
Soooooooo, I'm not updating!

Updated this morning and completed a short test flight. No problems at all.

The menu access has been improved with all accessible from icon down the left hand side of the pop box. It has also lost the dual camera and map options on the start up screen. You now just have Camera / Director / Store / User Center (still misspelt the American way). The User Centre Album page is now populated with folders for Photos / Videos / My Films although nothing was stored. The Store page takes you to the DJI website.

Updated this morning and completed a short test flight. No problems at all.

The menu access has been improved with all accessible from icon down the left hand side of the pop box. It has also lost the dual camera and map options on the start up screen. You now just have Camera / Director / Store / User Center (still misspelt the American way). The User Centre Album page is now populated with folders for Photos / Videos / My Films although nothing was stored. The Store page takes you to the DJI website.
Any channels dropped?

Just to confuse everybody, I have now moved this thread to the DJI Pilot App section :)

Some nice changes, access to various settings is faster, from one single control panel, and the idea to use the same app for Inspire & Phantom 3 is awesome and it's the way it should be.
Right now Pilot app is somehow iFLYOS, edition 1, a friendly operating system made for DJI PIlots, no matter what products they use, and I think this way of thinking will create a better community, as it will make transition from one bird to another very easy.

Just reading some searched posts and apparently it makes the video stream smoother? Is it the live streaming? I don't think I have ever had it turned on so I wouldn't know the difference ... I am using an Air 2.

Another useful addition is a readout of the number of GPS satellites being used (as part of icon on top row). The controller/iPad still takes time (5-10mins) to lock onto GPS and show itself as a blue circle on the map. Why is this?

Another useful addition is a readout of the number of GPS satellites being used (as part of icon on top row). The controller/iPad still takes time (5-10mins) to lock onto GPS and show itself as a blue circle on the map. Why is this?

Wow, I don't recall mine taking 5 to 10 minutes to lock onto GPS and show the blue circle. Where are you located?

I should know this, but what is hardware decode? Should it be turned on?

It uses the hardware video decoder to display the screen. Makes the video much smoother.
On iPad Mini 2 and 3, or Air 1 it should be turned on. On Air 2, if it's turned on it can cause random iPad re-boots. Some use it anyway on the Air 2 as it makes a fair bit of difference to the quality of the live video output.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84