Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Venus Laowa 7.5mm f/2 Lens

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm receiving this lens today and wanted to get the communities opinion on it? Is this a good lens? Will DJI support this lens in the near future/ is it already supported?

Thanks in advance!

I bought one, used it once, and sold it on eBay.

It is a manual-focus lens, which means that you need to focus it with your hands while on the ground. You can't change focus from the remote.

I found the image quality to be significantly less than the Olympus 12mm, which was my bread-and-butter MFT lens. That decreased quality wasn't worth the extra width, in my opinion.

I bought one, used it once, and sold it on eBay.

It is a manual-focus lens, which means that you need to focus it with your hands while on the ground. You can't change focus from the remote.

I found the image quality to be significantly less than the Olympus 12mm, which was my bread-and-butter MFT lens. That decreased quality wasn't worth the extra width, in my opinion.
I found infinite focus and marked it on the lens and make sure it's on the mark prior to flight. That helps with keeping the focus. I find the lens to be sharp and with minimal distortion although it can get you in trouble at times making things look off canter. I built a lens profile in Lightroom and premier that I feel works best for the lens and am still tweaking. I have heard good things about the 12mm and believe that will be my next lens. Thanks for your comment!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan