Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Version unknown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello all !! New guy here with Inspire 1 x5R.
Need help!!
on DJI app in, ABOUT remote control version, camera version and aircraft version says " version unknown"
Tried down grading, no luck
Reload DJI app, no luck
After pressing hat for 5 seconds message: Get Firmware Version failed. Select Firmware version (in blue)
NONE (below)
Im lost on what to try now.
Any help would be great.
Gordo

I am using a iPad 2 air. I should have stated that. All updated. Brand new.
Update, if this makes sense. I tried all the above with with my iPhone 6 and old iPad 2 and was able to down load to old version and back to to aircraft, 1.8.01.00, RC 1.6.0, camera 1.18.1.40. Any body know why my brand new iPad air 2 still says version unknown for the above 3?. Should I not use it to fly?
Any input would be great thanks guys, and girls!

I had the same issue with my slave controller after I accidentally upgraded the controller first.

One of the following worked for me, can't remember which one...

Press the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) buttons and keep them pressed and TURN OFF the controller.
By still keeping pressed the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo+video) buttons TURN ON the controller.

If this fails try to press C1 + C2 + Video record button. You should hear D D D.

Hope this helps...

Cougar, good question! I heard inspire does not like after market - non apple cables ?
But yes I used the same cable, and did a hard factory reset on iPad 2 air.
Still iPhone 6 showed updated 4 areas. As well as old as hell iPad 2. Weird.
Thesaffer , I will try that in an hour when I get home. Thanks kindly for your tip.

Did this error just occur? Or did you do a firmware update?
Make sure you use the correct firmware for the inspire you are using. Once you have the latest firmware on your AC then you should try to downgrade and then upgrade your RC.

If you have the latest firmware on your Inspire you can try the following: Turn the RC on with the app running. Then move the sticks to the CSC position.
If this don't work you can always try to clear the app cache, uninstall and then re-install the app to see if this work.

I had to Update my AC. remove the app, reset the RC,downgrade RC, update the RC after I accidentally hit the update RC option on the app before I updated my bird...

I hope you get it sorted.

Ok guys here is the latest. I have iPad 2 air. (brand new) Old iPad 2, and iPhone 6. I finally was able to down grade using my old iPad 2 and my iPhone 6. then upgrade, RC AC Cam Batteries and App. Now, both old iPad 2 (2nd gen) and my iPhone 6 work perfect and show all upgrades and proper version.
Now my brand new iPad will not even go to Camera View , just shows "how to connect."
I have tried every cable in the house, real apple, and nock off and they all work on iPhone and old iPad 2. My new iPad does not see my Master or my Slave.
Just to mix it up a little, I just attended the Dart Drone class yesterday in FLA and was using my new iPad. Go figure....

Deepak, sounds like my same situation, ..try using your a diff device to your RC, that was my problem. Both Master and Slave hate my brand new iPad 2 air. Any one want a cheap iPad air 2?...lol

Deepak, I understand, me being rookie I'm out of ideas for you pal. Im still scratching my head on my new iPad 2 air not working at all with either RC...Going to hit master reset D (drive) and ride the King Ranch over it. See if that works..
Gents, I kindly thank all of you for your time and expertise here today.
G

I honestly don't know what else it can be mate. Are you stuck in travel mode? If so, bind another RC to your inspire as a Master and take it out of travel mode. Then update the AC.

If I was you I would remove the gimbal and attach again. Make sure the RC is off. Make sure you have the RAW firmware on the microSD. Make sure the battery is charged above 50%. Power up the AC and wait to see if it updates.

Wish I could help more mate, sorry.

Hallo Gordon,
I have a similar problem like you. On the official DJI forum a beta tester wrote about a bug in the new 2.8.1 release of DJI GO.
It seems that when DJI GO is installed as new (not as an update from an older version on the device) on a tablet with IOS 9.3.1 the app is not able to show the firmware release. I tested it with the android app too and had the same problem, so there probably is the same kind of bug on the DJI GO 2.8.0 (android version) as well.
Regards
Alex

Thanks Alex and now my iPad 2 works...they just came out with 9.3.2 for iPad air 2...now everything works fine!..

Hallo Gordon,
I have a similar problem like you. On the official DJI forum a beta tester wrote about a bug in the new 2.8.1 release of DJI GO.
It seems that when DJI GO is installed as new (not as an update from an older version on the device) on a tablet with IOS 9.3.1 the app is not able to show the firmware release. I tested it with the android app too and had the same problem, so there probably is the same kind of bug on the DJI GO 2.8.0 (android version) as well.
Regards
Alex
had the same problem.... update the iOS under general, Software Update.... then it works... there is an update in iOS that is not forced, but fixes this issue and other bugs and security flaws.

had the same problem.... update the iOS under general, Software Update.... then it works... there is an update in iOS that is not forced, but fixes this issue and other bugs and security flaws.
It is strange, because I did it too, but I have still the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hubnetix