Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Vertical lines and dots on videos and photos

Reaction score
My Inspire 1 / X3 camera has all of a sudden started to show a lot of vertical lines and dots or squares on the video recordings and photos. These problems is also visible directly in the mobile phone screen.

It is both some kind of red and white dots or squares all over the videos / photos in random places, and also black vertical lines all over the videos and photos.

Actually i think that the vertical lines is always present even at those times when it looks as if there are only the red and white dots or squares present.

Depending on the color of the background the problems are sometimes more visible than other times, it seems.

I have never earlier had any problems with the I1 or the X3 camera, it started all of a sudden.
i have tried all different things i can think of, all the different camera settings, resetting the camera, formatting the SD card (but I'm pretty sure it is not the SD card since the problems are visible on the mobile phone screen as well).

Sometimes once in a while i can manage to record a short video that does not have any problems, but most often there are these problems present.

Does somebody know what these are and why they occur and what the fix is?

This is really disappointing i must say. I hope it can be fixed without having to buy a new X3 camera or i1?
Help would be highly appreciated.
i1-4.jpgi1-x3-2.jpgi3-5.jpgi3-3.jpg i1-x3.jpg

Nobody have a clue about this problem? If somebody knows anything about this issue i would be glad to hear about it.
Thanks.

So since i haven't been able to find a solution to fix my X3 camera in an easy way and people have suggested it can be a sensor fault i wanted to ask if that is something that can be swapped out by myself if i have a spare sensor?
Is it doable or hard to do?

Also does anybody know how much DJI charges to fix an X3 camera /exchange the sensor? I have asked DJI but haven't got an answer.

My Inspire 1 / X3 camera has all of a sudden started to show a lot of vertical lines and dots or squares on the video recordings and photos. These problems is also visible directly in the mobile phone screen.

It is both some kind of red and white dots or squares all over the videos / photos in random places, and also black vertical lines all over the videos and photos.

Actually i think that the vertical lines is always present even at those times when it looks as if there are only the red and white dots or squares present.

Depending on the color of the background the problems are sometimes more visible than other times, it seems.

I have never earlier had any problems with the I1 or the X3 camera, it started all of a sudden.
i have tried all different things i can think of, all the different camera settings, resetting the camera, formatting the SD card (but I'm pretty sure it is not the SD card since the problems are visible on the mobile phone screen as well).

Sometimes once in a while i can manage to record a short video that does not have any problems, but most often there are these problems present.

Does somebody know what these are and why they occur and what the fix is?

This is really disappointing i must say. I hope it can be fixed without having to buy a new X3 camera or i1?
Help would be highly appreciated.
View attachment 14507View attachment 14508View attachment 14509View attachment 14511 View attachment 14510
I assume you have tried inspecting/cleaning the gimbal contacts and making sure (with a magnifying glass) they are both clean on the camera and perfectly aligned as well as clean and showing no signs of contamination on the gimbal plate (on the I1)?

I have also merged your two threads since they are the same thing!

Yes i have inspected the gimbal contacts but not with a magnifying glass. And have cleaned the contacts.
Cant find any anomaliens.

I am about to ship the camera to my dealer who will ship it to DJI and hopefuly i can get it fixed for free.

But my question is, does all the processing take place in the X3 camera or is the aircreft involved in some way?
The reason k ask is because i want to know if i shall send in only the camera or if these problems (vertical lines and dots) can have to do with the craft itself?
Is it better to send in both the craft and the camera or only the x3 camera?

I prefer to send in as few things as possible, but at the same time i dont want to not send in the craft if there is a chance that it can cause the problems and not the X3 camera?

Because ive heard about cases where people has gotten back a craft that is in worse condition then the one they sent to DJI?
But i guess if the craft is fine there is no readon to return a other drone than my own?

Yes i have inspected the gimbal contacts but not with a magnifying glass. And have cleaned the contacts.
Cant find any anomaliens.

I am about to ship the camera to my dealer who will ship it to DJI and hopefuly i can get it fixed for free.

But my question is, does all the processing take place in the X3 camera or is the aircreft involved in some way?
The reason k ask is because i want to know if i shall send in only the camera or if these problems (vertical lines and dots) can have to do with the craft itself?
Is it better to send in both the craft and the camera or only the x3 camera?

I prefer to send in as few things as possible, but at the same time i dont want to not send in the craft if there is a chance that it can cause the problems and not the X3 camera?

Because ive heard about cases where people has gotten back a craft that is in worse condition then the one they sent to DJI?
But i guess if the craft is fine there is no readon to return a other drone than my own?
No processing is done within the I1 (different story with the I2).
However, DJI will normally stipulate whether they want all or one item back.
The easy way to tell is just try another x3 on your aircraft!

No processing is done within the I1 (different story with the I2).
However, DJI will normally stipulate whether they want all or one item back.
The easy way to tell is just try another x3 on your aircraft!

Yes that would have been the best thing but couldnt find anyone with a I1 or camera unfortunately.

And since im not going through DJI personally i don't know which items they require.
I will leave the items to the shop where i bought it and they will send it to DJI, but they don't have knowledge about drones so i dont trust them if they tell me i only need to give them X3 camera for example.

But then i guess i will have to give them both the camera and the craft to be on the safe side.

I know DJI generally says not to send in remote and charger etc, so i will give them the camera and the craft.

So I ended up sending in only the x3 camera, I talked with DJI on the phone and described my problem and she said "send in only the camera", maybe that was a mistake?

EDIT: It seems the problem was the camera, dont know the exact cause since DJI swapped the X3 camera for another one.
Turnaround time to DJI Europe only 8 days.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarolinODo