Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Video feed issues

Reaction score
I started having a problem with the video feed in my Inspire 1 pro and X5 camera.

At the start of a mission, the feed is perfect. As the time proceeds, the feed starts to act intermittently. Carry on a few more minutes and the feed becomes impossible to catch. The iPad just goes into a consistent connective issue. I can take a pic, but have no ability to see my screen. The pic is stored in the card.

I tested with using a new battery and the same end result as with the previous battery, no feed.

I tried shutting everything down and restarting. No luck.

It must be an overheating problem because the only thing that works is to allow the bird to completely cool down. I really need it to be able to focus for longer than a few minutes.

Current outside temp is in the mid 80's...not exactly Madagascar heat.

Any ideas on what's going on??

I started having a problem with the video feed in my Inspire 1 pro and X5 camera.

At the start of a mission, the feed is perfect. As the time proceeds, the feed starts to act intermittently. Carry on a few more minutes and the feed becomes impossible to catch. The iPad just goes into a consistent connective issue. I can take a pic, but have no ability to see my screen. The pic is stored in the card.

I tested with using a new battery and the same end result as with the previous battery, no feed.

It must be an overheating problem because the only thing that works is to allow the bird to completely cool down. I really need it to be able to focus for longer than a few minutes.

Not sure but I'm having the same problem with the i1 and a z3. I was filming the other day in 4K at 30 and my live video feed lasted for about a minute then the screen went to a gray color. Sunday I filmed at a drag strip first battery up it was ok for about 10 minutes then it started to get a little fuzzy. Came back down for 5 minutes then back up for 12 minutes or more. By the end of the 12 minutes the image quality was really poor. My first thought is that maybe the bird was getting to hot but it didn't seem hot when I landed. The only thing that I've changed since this problem started occurring was I deleted the app and reinstall it. So when I get home tonight I'm gonna use my android tablet and see how it acts.

Just got done flying with the android tablet. Not a single problem. 24 minutes solid of flight. 15 minutes of shooting 4K at 30fps and not one single problem and it is the same temperature as it was yesterday. Dji. Wake the hell up and fix your iOS app before someone crashes. Another thing the app was causing is compass error s to come up when I'd turn the drone around real fast. Compass is fine and the parameters of it are in dji s specs but the app limit is either set to narrow or doesn't see it correctly. Anybody know where to get the older dji go apps? Or does anybody have one?

Just got done flying with the android tablet. Not a single problem. 24 minutes solid of flight. 15 minutes of shooting 4K at 30fps and not one single problem and it is the same temperature as it was yesterday. Dji. Wake the hell up and fix your iOS app before someone crashes. Another thing the app was causing is compass error s to come up when I'd turn the drone around real fast. Compass is fine and the parameters of it are in dji s specs but the app limit is either set to narrow or doesn't see it correctly. Anybody know where to get the older dji go apps? Or does anybody have one?

The hilarious thing is a few months ago people were getting ipads especially as the android app was having massive issues. You just cant win with Dji haha

The hilarious thing is a few months ago people were getting ipads especially as the android app was having massive issues. You just cant win with Dji haha
No you can't, its ashame to. The biggest ones they are hurting the most with having these problems is themselves. They are more worried about getting things out the door than they are about the quality of what they are putting out.

Reactions: giumick and Casey53
No you can't, its ashame to. The biggest ones they are hurting the most with having these problems is themselves. They are more worried about getting things out the door than they are about the quality of what they are putting out.

Agree 100%

They market well, but their quality is really poor and they don't seem to care other than sell it or swap it out for another bum and maybe uglier unit on a repair and sell yours as a refurb later when they finally figure out how to fix it - if ever. Now they fix one thing, and break two more, or even add a feature that doesn't even work right out of the box or app. It is odd that Android is working better than iOS now too for some. Few more months, and maybe neither will work until Cray Super-Computer starts making faster tablets that can address the DJI screwups before they start.

I was sort of shocked about that video of the two guys in China who said, "The Chinese people accept the fact that DJI quality is poor and their attitude is 'To just buy another one if it is screwed up.'" I feel sorry for whatever car dealer starts selling Chinese-made cars in the USA if they don't address the poor quality of their products, else they won't last long.

Oh well, it's DJI, and even Frank Wang admits their products aren't perfect (P3 fly-aways) if you Google it.

Reactions: giumick
I'm using a shield K1 that worked flawlessly until android updated back in February. Just recently I discovered if I clear all warnings, video cache and routes that I can get through a flight without the app crashing..

by the by the way, I stopped connecting my bird to the internet about 5 months ago

Reactions: giumick
I'm using a shield K1 that worked flawlessly until android updated back in February. Just recently I discovered if I clear all warnings, video cache and routes that I can get through a flight without the app crashing..

by the by the way, I stopped connecting my bird to the internet about 5 months ago

We are on the k1 too and its funny as we have noticed we have less crashes if we keep it full so it stops and ignore the warning haha.

Donnie, thanks for chiming in.

Great video! I'm aware of the FW issues, as I've gone through this before. This issue, more specifically started when I attempted to downgrade the FW to v8. The downgrade seems to get stuck and doesn't allow for the completion of the downgrade. So...I'm stuck on v9. I'm thinking about upgrading to v10, then downgrading to v9, then to v8. The only problem is I can seem to locate a version of v9 online. Panorobot's last update only goes up to v8.

Do you know where I can locate v9? Or maybe, do you, or someone else, have a copy of v9 for the Inspire 1 Pro?

Thanks!

Great video! I'm aware of the FW issues, as I've gone through this before. This issue, more specifically started when I attempted to downgrade the FW to v8. The downgrade seems to get stuck and doesn't allow for the completion of the downgrade. So...I'm stuck on v9. I'm thinking about upgrading to v10, then downgrading to v9, then to v8. The only problem is I can seem to locate a version of v9 online. Panorobot's last update only goes up to v8.

Do you know where I can locate v9? Or maybe, do you, or someone else, have a copy of v9 for the Inspire 1 Pro?

Thanks!

Look in the Description section of the YouTube video I linked. You'll find links to all the firmware there along with instructions.

Regarding being stuck on v1.09, redo the v1.09 roll back and then try the v1.08 roll back. I had the same issue with one of my partner's birds and this worked.

D

I have experienced the same issues recently and then went in and turned auto channel selection for video transmission to manual and chose the strongest channel. On auto the channel selection seems to constantly scan and change causing signal drop outs.

Reactions: Dxtrty
Look in the Description section of the YouTube video I linked. You'll find links to all the firmware there along with instructions.

Regarding being stuck on v1.09, redo the v1.09 roll back and then try the v1.08 roll back. I had the same issue with one of my partner's birds and this worked.

D

It seems as though DJI is no longer offering the past versions. Probably because of what we're doing right here. Here's a couple of screenshots for the I1 and I1 Pro (which I have)
==================================================
CdOCKEf.jpg

=======================================================
kiNjHrt.jpg

=========================================================
In regards to the roll back issue, the bird is on v1.09 right now. Are you saying to reinstall the v1.09 and then try to rollback to v1.08? Sorry if this might be a stupid question, I'm still kinda new to this. I've had it for a few months for insurance inspections and because of Harvey I haven't had the time to mess around with it.

Thanks!

Attachments

• DJI.JPG
    DJI.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 4
It seems as though DJI is no longer offering the past versions. Probably because of what we're doing right here. Here's a couple of screenshots for the I1 and I1 Pro (which I have)

You didn't follow the directions I lovingly and painstakingly laid out in the YouTube "Description" section. If you follow the directions, the firmware is there.

It is my understanding that Gen 1, Gen 2, Pro and RAW are basically the same birds with different cameras. The BIRD firmware should work for all flavors of Inspire 1. For example, my bird works just as well with the X5 as the X3. No special FW was needed to switch over to the X5. And though I haven't mounted an X5R, I'm sure that would work, too.

Capture.JPG

=========================================================
In regards to the roll back issue, the bird is on v1.09 right now. Are you saying to reinstall the v1.09 and then try to rollback to v1.08?

Yes.

Sorry if this might be a stupid question, I'm still kinda new to this. I've had it for a few months for insurance inspections and because of Harvey I haven't had the time to mess around with it.

Thanks!

The question is not stupid at all. However, please follow instructions. Had you done so, you would've found FW v1.09.

Good luck, and please let us know if reinstalling FW v1.09 works to facilitate the roll back to v1.08. It worked for me.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 4

Thanks!
Seeking opinions on firmware versions Look in the first post on this thread about having a debug file in there.

Nope doesn't work, the rollback
mine is on V01.10.01.40+ roll back nogo

Latest trial finally a txt file :

l Screen Shot 2017-10-17 at 5.58.19 PM.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-17_18-0-43.png
    upload_2017-10-17_18-0-43.png
    179.2 KB · Views: 5

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads