Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Vision sensor error

Reaction score
Has anyone else had issues with their vision sensors on the I2? It seems to be an intermittent issue where it will quit working mid-flight. It doesn't affect flight, it's just annoying to have the error msg come up on screen. I'm hoping it's a quick fix without sending it in. All FW are up to date and have been having this issue for about 3 months now.

Has anyone else had issues with their vision sensors on the I2? It seems to be an intermittent issue where it will quit working mid-flight. It doesn't affect flight, it's just annoying to have the error msg come up on screen. I'm hoping it's a quick fix without sending it in. All FW are up to date and have been having this issue for about 3 months now.

If the error continues to happen, you should do a vision system calibration in the Assistant 2. Doing this is a quick fix and usually stops the annoying warnings. This is the calibration that uses the plastic board that came with the I2.

Reactions: UASguy79
Unfortunately I'm unable to perform the sensor calibration. I've tried numerous times and the DJI assistant 2 gives me a waiting circle next to the start calibration button. I even reinstalled the firmware hoping that would help, but nothing.20180207_185557.jpgScreenshot_20180207-191503.jpg

You have set the little switch next to the usb port on the I2 to the computer position haven't you? And you are using the double headed USB cable the DJI supplied in the box with the I2?

Yes the bird is connected and talking with the PC, I refreshed the firmware through dji assistant 2. The problem is the vision sensors not working. Unfortunately I'm out of the warrantee period so looks like it's going to my local dji cert. Repair shop.

You are leaving it plugged in to the PC and assistant 2 while doing the calibration too? (Just with you showing the pic of Go 4 above).

Probably won't clear anything but worth a try.... :
- check there's nothing blocking the sensors at the front.
- deinstall assistant 2 and any associated drivers. (not sure about PC, but the mac version has a driver, so PC might too). Then reinstall.
- don't plug the usb cable in to a usb hub, plug it straight in to the computer.
- make sure there's plenty of ambient light.

Just had the same issue with a AC that has been in the case for awhile. So I did a uninstall and reinstall of the app. Still didn't work. As Nick said I had to uninstall all the drivers associated with the app. Then reinstall the app then it worked, but it seems the AC is a bit lower to the ground before it goes into landing mode. I may do it 1 more time. Also as stated a lot of light.

Just had the same issue with a AC that has been in the case for awhile. So I did a uninstall and reinstall of the app. Still didn't work. As Nick said I had to uninstall all the drivers associated with the app. Then reinstall the app then it worked, but it seems the AC is a bit lower to the ground before it goes into landing mode. I may do it 1 more time. Also as stated a lot of light.
Thanks for the reply, I'm curious is there more than one driver installed with the DJI Assistant2 program? I could only find the one when the AC was plugged into my PC. I deleted the driver and uninstalled DJI Assistant2 then reinstalled. I'm still having the same issue. I open the calibrate screen and it asks to please reboot the aircraft, so I turn off the AC and turn it back on then it asks to reboot the AC again. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20180217_105307[1].jpg
    20180217_105307[1].jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 28
Can you use Assistant 2 to see the log files stored on the aircraft, or to see the firmware version installed and available?

What I'm trying to work out is if you have actually got communications between the I2 and your computer, or if they're not actually seeing and talking to each other?

Try a different usb cable. Click on Assistance 2 in your file open it and see if other drivers are attached close them all out and reinstall it again. Try again and see what it does. I will be in the shop in a hr. I will open it up and send you some pics. This sucks, we should not have to be jacking around with DJIs programming like this!

Can you use Assistant 2 to see the log files stored on the aircraft, or to see the firmware version installed and available?

What I'm trying to work out is if you have actually got communications between the I2 and your computer, or if they're not actually seeing and talking to each other?
Hi NickU, when the AC is plugged in I can see all the flight logs and have used the Assistant2 to refresh the firmware. When I initially open the calibrate window I get the waiting circle for a few seconds then it says to reboot the AC. I turn off the AC and Turn it back on. It connects again but this time all I get is the waiting circle.
I left it connected for an entire battery and it sat there with the waiting circle going around and around.

This is what I've done so far:
deleted the driver, uninstalled the assistant2 program, reinstalled the assistant2 V1.2.0 program.
I'm in a brightly lit room, have the switch on the AC flipped to the computer symbol, I have the original DJI usb to usb cord as well as a new aftermarket cable I bought on amazon Neither work.

Try a different usb cable. Click on Assistance 2 in your file open it and see if other drivers are attached close them all out and reinstall it again. Try again and see what it does. I will be in the shop in a hr. I will open it up and send you some pics. This sucks, we should not have to be jacking around with DJIs programming like this!

drz1972ss were you able to get your I2 to calibrate?

OK, so it's actually managing to talk to the I2, so the problem isn't the cable & the switch is in the right place.

All I can think now is that it could possibly be a firmware problem (i.e. a corrupt module or setting for the vision system).
You could try the following to see if they help:

1) Use Assistant 2 to reset to factory defaults, then retry the calibration process.
2) Try reinstalling/refreshing the current firmware on the I2 via Assistant 2, reboot the I2, then retry calibration.

If neither of those work out then if there's a firmware downgrade available, you could try going to the previous version and seeing if you can calibrate. Beyond that I'm not sure there's anything else you can do as an end-user & you might need to talk to your DJI supplier to see if they've any better ideas :(

Does anyone know if it's possible to roll firmware back past what Assistant2 has listed? It's only showing the current FW and 2 FW updates both from December. During both of the FW from December I had gimbal drift issues and the Vision Sensor problem started around October or November

OK, so it's actually managing to talk to the I2, so the problem isn't the cable & the switch is in the right place.

All I can think now is that it could possibly be a firmware problem (i.e. a corrupt module or setting for the vision system).
You could try the following to see if they help:

1) Use Assistant 2 to reset to factory defaults, then retry the calibration process.
2) Try reinstalling/refreshing the current firmware on the I2 via Assistant 2, reboot the I2, then retry calibration.

If neither of those work out then if there's a firmware downgrade available, you could try going to the previous version and seeing if you can calibrate. Beyond that I'm not sure there's anything else you can do as an end-user & you might need to talk to your DJI supplier to see if they've any better ideas :(
I did exactly as you recomended and still nothing. I'm pretty sure it's hardware related if I'm the only one experiencing this exact issue. I appreciate the ideas and help.

Reactions: Moshe Hagshur
I did exactly as you recomended and still nothing. I'm pretty sure it's hardware related if I'm the only one experiencing this exact issue. I appreciate the ideas and help.

Did you ever get a solution to this? My I2 is now doing the same exact thing. The latest firmware update might as well have a been a **** virus.

Did you ever get a solution to this? My I2 is now doing the same exact thing. The latest firmware update might as well have a been a **** virus.
No unfortunately not yet. I haven't had an open schedule to ground it to get it looked at.

Yea that’s going to be my problem. So your still flying with that warning and it hasn’t affected anything,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08