Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Want to move on from my Phantom

Reaction score
Guy been flying a p2+v3 for a year, actually was my excuse to get to quads, have a few fix wing rc nitro plus a .50 heli, since the Inspire came out I was in love with it,not to much a DJI customer service fan but as a phanton 2 owner they F**** us up with the P3,I know technology move fast, but .... to make it short, I want to have a Fair input on the bird itself hardware and software , so I can have an excuse to get the bird of my dreams.
looking forward to any advice +or- from experience owners
Thanks
Mar

The Inspire 1 is an incredible machine it's very fast compared to the phantom 2 which I also have , that being said I wont be getting rid of my P2 (non vision) for the portability of it , took it to Jamaica this past summer in a backpack don't think I would've done that with the Inspire. They each really have they're place and sometimes it's hard to compare them , but if you have the money go for the Inspire 1 it's simply awesome...

+1 got the I1 and kept my P2 and FC40 (converted to P1).
Tip: they serve a purpose in 'making off' video's and can even relay the video signal from the I1 in difficult area's. There already some products announced specifically for that purpose. You would however need a 2.4GHz P2 or P1.
It's also nice to be able to use a Gopro or any other small camera for some situations (realising that your P2 V+ doesn't support a Gopro just like that, but you could modify it with a Zenmuse or other Gopro compatible gimbal in the future.

Exactly lake flyer that's why I love the go pro for example in Jamaica after I flew a few times along the beach and over the ocean I took the go pro off the phantom put it in it's waterproof case went diving with it then put all the video together , can't do that with the inspire camera but like I said they each have they're place.

That's cool I've seen that video but the go pro still wasn't the main camera as it would be on the phantom.

That's cool I've seen that video but the go pro still wasn't the main camera as it would be on the phantom.
Go Fast can you tell me about the software, the app? got an Ipad air no cell, Iphone 6, heard some people complaining about connectivity ,does it allow you to do Ground Station to do missions,can get the bird from $2600 what else would i Need like your imput
Thanks

Hey marg2 got the Inspire 1 October 1 , the latest firmware that got released sept.7th v1.4.0.10 is what I installed the app is the DJI Go app which replaced the pilot app. I use the iPad Air 2 per advice of the majority on this forum and love it I actually had the 1st gen iPad for years and needed to upgrade anyway so that worked out well. A friend ( thanks Tom ) on the forum who is a DJI tech. walked me thru the steps to install the firmware , but looking back its really not that hard the inspire does it all for you , they're also great how to videos on you tube on how to do this , If I did it anyone can cause I'm not really computer savvy . The app works very well it's simple to navigate thru all the settings I haven't tried the ground station yet but I've used that feature with my phantom 2 and it works great. Flying it so far has been flawless no surprises everything works as it should , it's simply an awesome machine. You really don't need anything else , a good tablet ( iPad Air 2) the inspire kit and your ready to rock , good luck and shop around they're some really good deals out there .

well the ipad air has to be is brand new got it for $20 at a church Raffle, they are 2 set of batt which is the better one? they use to come with a soft carry case are they still come like that or just in a box? seen some offers that show a box, last there are some used ones in amazon(almost brand new) offering from 2000, ??? thaks for taking the time

The battery it comes with is the TB 47 4500 mah , the other you can get is the TB 48 5700 mah supposed to give an extra 3-4 minutes someone correct me if I'm wrong . Be careful with a used one ask about how many flights/hours on the A/C and if you do buy used you want one with low hours well taken care of , good luck.

Thanks, most likely will jump on New one, be safe Amazon or B&H financing to give a month or so lead , just preparing my wife for new toy:rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop