Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Warning About Litchi App!

Reaction score
I just got this email.......

Dear Litchi Pilots,

There is currently an issue with the recently released firmwares for Mavic Pro (v01.03.0500), Inspire 2 (v01.0.0240) and Phantom 4 Pro (v01.03.0418) where the drone will fly erratically in some of Litchi’s flight modes. If you already installed one of these firmwares, we highly recommend not using these flight modes until the issue is fixed with a DJI firmware update. The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other flight modes (including FPV, Waypoint, Orbit and VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking OFF) are unaffected.

The Litchi Team

And........

Current Issues

There is currently an issue with the latest DJI firmware for the Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 Pro and Inspire 2 which causes erratic flight behavior in Autopilot. We do not recommend* using Autopilot with these aircraft types until a resolution has been found for this issue. If you are using firmware 01.03.0200 or below, you should not see these issues.

* It is still possible to safely use Human Flight Control Modes and Waypoint Mode as long as Lost Connection is set to Continue Mission (LCMC).

We will send out another correspondence when this issue has been resolved.

Thanks for your understanding!
The Hangar Team

Everyone should look up "Vault 7"....

This is absolutely foreign government manipulation of markets.

I crashed my Inspire 1 today using Litchi.
I always fly 2 rounds every week. First round for video and 2nd round for photos.
I got the coordinate from our land surveyor and add to my Litchi app.
I already use this program about a year +. Only today I had this problem where the drone crash and hit the crane on the 2nd round.
What interesting was, the drone use the same waypoint and altitude as the video waypoints during the photos flight and it crash on the crane.
So I send the Inspire 1 to the service centre and they mention that the problem came from the battery.
The speed on the Inspire 1 will drop after 50% battery. That is why the drone hit the crane. Is that true?
When the incident happend, the battery was at 30%.
Anybody got the same problem.
Here is the video for today's flight. This is the 1st round (video). Check minute 2:44.
Went through nicely on-top of the crane.
But it crash on the 2nd round at the same waypoint.
Dji tech mention that because of the battery low (30%) that is why the drone drop below 40 meter as I set on my waypoint.
Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks!

I crashed my Inspire 1 today using Litchi.
I always fly 2 rounds every week. First round for video and 2nd round for photos.
I got the coordinate from our land surveyor and add to my Litchi app.
I already use this program about a year +. Only today I had this problem where the drone crash and hit the crane on the 2nd round.
What interesting was, the drone use the same waypoint and altitude as the video waypoints during the photos flight and it crash on the crane.
So I send the Inspire 1 to the service centre and they mention that the problem came from the battery.
The speed on the Inspire 1 will drop after 50% battery. That is why the drone hit the crane. Is that true?
When the incident happend, the battery was at 30%.
Anybody got the same problem.
Here is the video for today's flight. This is the 1st round (video). Check minute 2:44.
Went through nicely on-top of the crane.
But it crash on the 2nd round at the same waypoint.
Dji tech mention that because of the battery low (30%) that is why the drone drop below 40 meter as I set on my waypoint.
Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks!

I get this is an old post, but watching how close you came to the crane on tbe video pass it is no surprise really that it hit 2nd time around.
What are the chances the crane moved? it even looked like it was in use during the Video pass. And did you account for any change in conditions...i.e. different time of day meaning different barometric pressure, therefore the RPA would consider it's Altitude to differ between shoots.

I only ask now as I have had my Inspire 1's (2 of) for a couple of weeks and find them brilliant, but also being heavy units with a large cross-section than the Spark for instance they are very easily influenced by wind and...Gravity!

I am also about to start using Litchi (which I use all the time with MY spark) with the Inspires - but only if it isn't going to crash it, so wanting to know if you ever came to a resolution as to whether it was environment, Inspire, Battery, Litchi, etc.

I get this is an old post, but watching how close you came to the crane on tbe video pass it is no surprise really that it hit 2nd time around.
What are the chances the crane moved? it even looked like it was in use during the Video pass. And did you account for any change in conditions...i.e. different time of day meaning different barometric pressure, therefore the RPA would consider it's Altitude to differ between shoots.

I only ask now as I have had my Inspire 1's (2 of) for a couple of weeks and find them brilliant, but also being heavy units with a large cross-section than the Spark for instance they are very easily influenced by wind and...Gravity!

I am also about to start using Litchi (which I use all the time with MY spark) with the Inspires - but only if it isn't going to crash it, so wanting to know if you ever came to a resolution as to whether it was environment, Inspire, Battery, Litchi, etc.
Litchi is a mature product and has gone through several updates since this thread (so has the SDK). It's absolutely fine.
The crane incident I would simply put down to pilot error - I would not be flying waypoint missions position critical at 30% battery. I would be coming in to be safe on deck at 25%!

Litchi is a mature product and has gone through several updates since this thread (so has the SDK). It's absolutely fine.
The crane incident I would simply put down to pilot error - I would not be flying waypoint missions position critical at 30% battery. I would be coming in to be safe on deck at 25%!
I agree totally.
As I said the Video shows only a matter of inches I thought between the Jib and the inspire.
Litchi I have used with Spark for quite a few Months and no problems at all...oh other than a couple of times it only uploaded half a waypoint mission, but went and performed it anyeay and I lost all control. But found thr fix sas just to set the Mode from GPS to sports mode (Spark)

Just used it with success for the Inspire in between my last comment and Now. Worked flawlessly...going to see what the 4K pano stitch looks like when I get home.

I am considering Litchi for the CrystalSky and I2. Used it with my Phantoms and never had any issues.

You’re way too close from that crane, and this represents a security hazard. I don’t know the specifics of your mission, but doing quite a lot of industrial corporate movies, we have a pretty thorough briefing with HSE before flights, and this would be a complete no-go for us !

Reactions: snowghost and MrTVR

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly36