Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Warning:Propulsion Output Limited. Aircraft motility has been lowered.

Reaction score
I received this warning twice on a flight today and it didn't seem critical or cause any unexpected behaviour from the aircraft. I've seen lots of posts about the power being limited due to battery temp/condition but can't find anything on this warning. Has anyone come across this and should I be concerned? It's the 10th flight of this quad and battery and everything appears OK when I look at the healthy drones data. I was going at full throttle and starting a slight climb so my guess is it was just warning me that I was at the limit.

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Hi,

I get this warning a lot too on the inspire pro, and I just take it a bit easier. When in GPS mode, I assume it could be fighting against the gusts, usually I don't get the warning flying it gently in atti mode.

It means it's restricting agility, i.e. will react more sluggishly, go slower, climb slower. I.e. if you usuall rely on the fast response not to hit a tree you should probably go a bit smoother about it.

I received this warning today as I was bringing the I1Pro back from filming a quarry. It was quite gusty = 14-15knots

yup slug mode, why did they not use batteries with a higher C rating? i get this message even with about 60% left in the battery at times.

yup slug mode, why did they not use batteries with a higher C rating? i get this message even with about 60% left in the battery at times.

I notice mine is triggered more by low voltage but could be coincidental.

It might be worth considering numbering your batteries to see if it's an individual one. Also may help rotating them correctly. It happens with my 1pro in 12-15mph wind even when not applying throttle but not usually with TB 48 battery.

Yes, they are numbered as I have to due to PfAW and it was a TB47 running at 28% when it happened. Will check the cell charge as this may well be a sign that its becoming unstable under load.

The one time I had this warning come up I was going full throttle directly away from home point and was rapidly approaching, then exceeded the amount of reserve battery for RTH showing on the time remaining bar. Immediately afterward it automatically initiated RTH.

be lucky if my batteries have 10 flights each on them, full stick forward with throttle in GPS mode and it kicked in, can mind thinking wtf canny be already, has happened a couple of times since then.

the voltage drop is bad, the C rating is way to low for the load.

Thanks for all the feedback. I looked in a bit of detail as to what I was doing in both instances and essentially I was at about 90-96% forward throttle and starting to climb at about 30-35%. I suspect combined with a bit of headwind it was pushing it to the limit, hence the warning. Battery is pretty new (2hrs flight time and 11 charges), all the cells are looking good. As Kilrah said, crucial warning if there was an obstruction I was trying to avoid. So far I haven't had the practice to have confidence maneuvering at speed with obstacles, happy to keep it slow and easy around anything solid.

I received this warning twice on a flight today and it didn't seem critical or cause any unexpected behaviour from the aircraft. I've seen lots of posts about the power being limited due to battery temp/condition but can't find anything on this warning. Has anyone come across this and should I be concerned? It's the 10th flight of this quad and battery and everything appears OK when I look at the healthy drones data. I was going at full throttle and starting a slight climb so my guess is it was just warning me that I was at the limit.

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

I eventually got around to upgrading my Inspire Pro today with the latest firmware. During the very first flight I too received the warning you experienced followed very shortly after by a critical error message from which I landed immediately. I changed batteries and all looked okay until 3 minutes into the second flight when I got the very same warning again. All battery output levels were ok during both flights. Could this be related to the latest firmware upgrade? Has anybody else noticed this post upgrade?
dji.PNG

I eventually got around to upgrading my Inspire Pro today with the latest firmware. During the very first flight I too received the warning you experienced followed very shortly after by a critical error message from which I landed immediately. I changed batteries and all looked okay until 3 minutes into the second flight when I got the very same warning again. All battery output levels were ok during both flights. Could this be related to the latest firmware upgrade? Has anybody else noticed this post upgrade?
dji.PNG
Yes it came with the FW, for both my V1 and pro. I get the warning about every flight. It doesn't matter how much % or life the battery has, full stick in any direction for more than 5 seconds and it pops up. No issues, just know that you're not getting the same umph as before :-(. It's to protect the batteries... I think.

UPDATE: The fault with my Inspire 1 Pro is definitely the result of the firmware upgrade v1.9.1.30
I downgraded to firmware v1.8.1.00, used the same two recharged batteries and the fault disappeared. I ran both of the batteries down to 10% during this test.

Reactions: Donnie Frank
UPDATE: The fault with my Inspire 1 Pro is definitely the result of the firmware upgrade v1.9.1.30
I downgraded to firmware v1.8.1.00, used the same two recharged batteries and the fault disappeared. I ran both of the batteries down to 10% during this test.
It is not a fault, it says it is a warning, although I agree that battery is basically underspeced and would give greater piece of mind if they brought out a beefed up version. I have had it on 1.8 as well when returning fairly fast after a mapping mission when battery was getting low (35% for me).

It looks like they may have tweaked the threshold when it kicks as it is showing up more in forums recently, then again it could be just being noticed more.

Diadvantage is if your battery is very low and you are very far away it could take a bit longer to get home. Not a problem for me as i am rarely even 500m from home.

Anyway the bottom line is I would rather have propulsion limited rather than have it fall out of the sky. [emoji4]

Reactions: CopterBob
I believe there is a fault in the firmware upgrade. What I didn't mention is that I also received an accompanying Critical Error Tip and the aircraft went into auto-land mode despite having greater than 40% battery capacity. Prior to the upgrade I had no issues. Post upgrade I had the issues stated. Downgrading the firmware solved the problems.
dji2.PNG

Reactions: RDTech
I believe there is a fault in the firmware upgrade. What I didn't mention is that I also received an accompanying Critical Error Tip and the aircraft went into auto-land mode despite having greater than 40% battery capacity. Prior to the upgrade I had no issues. Post upgrade I had the issues stated. Downgrading the firmware solved the problems.
dji2.PNG
What was the state of the battery cells - during flight?

Edit: sorry I just noticed you have already said cells were OK during flight.

Rather than seeing it as a fault I would be looking at the health of the battery and definitely not fly on that battery until I found out the cause. Firmware itself would not cause an early forced landing at 40%. Healthydrones battery log might show you more. How many flights ago did you calibrate the battery?

Because it doesn't show warnings and errors on 1.8 doesn't make the problem go away there is still an underlying cause. It's only a false sense of security. Can you post healthydrones output?

I think this is actually off topic. I would suggest starting a new thread to get the best help on this.

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

Last edited:
dji2.PNG
I had the same critical message with my battery over 50% and no cells problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk