Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Waypoinyts, etc. for Inspire 1,

Reaction score
Will there be any Waypoints, Follow me, Point of interest, etc. for the Inspire 1 any time soon?

I just saw a video by DJI about the P3 Standard where DJI announced that they have implemented these things into the P3 standard. If they can do it in the P3 Standard why can't they do it in the Inspire 1?

Those features are not available for the P3 Standard yet. As always, DJI says they are "coming soon". I'm sure they are "coming soon" for the Inspire too :)

The good thing is you can buy it now - then write a letter to the dealer you bought it in some months that you give them 4 more weeks to provide the advertised features or otherwise you return it for a full refund. The good thing is you will always have the newest drone model as you always will be able to return the old one when a new arrives due to DJI promising not existing features.

Reactions: slim.slamma
I have been following autoflightlogic.com who is partnering with DJI for the IOS variant of a multiple feature autopilot that essential provides the automation functions you mention (and more). It is clear that DJI is taking and Apple like approach here, providing basic functions to support these features in their firmware while encouraging 3rd party developers to do the special applications and human interfaces. That is why you these features meantioned in an SDK promo - someone else will do it.

I have watched several of the developers Inspire 1 videos showing progress at different points and it seems likely to me that the new funtionality will be ready by the end of September but it requires some close coordination with DJI (and requires bureaucratic buyoff by Apple for major Autopilot App changes (because the app stays active in background it gets close scrutiny). There is an equivalent process going on for Android that I have not followed (someone else may add their 2¢ on that).

I think the approach is good for everyone once this first major round gets out of the gate. DJI can focus on what it does best (improving equioment, controls, cameras) while both IOS and Droid developers can focus on cool Apps and in the process give DJI better technical feedback for product development (unlike we "its busted" types that just want to fly). End result is more bodies working on making our lives easier. It will cost us a little more to feed these "extra bodies" but they are competing to fulfill in our interests. It is also peanuts for Apps compared to our other expense (Autopilot is $20, it includes in-app purchases at $5 each for more advaced features so it might grow tp $35-$40 with the full set which includes flying the pattern, follow me, poi, orbit, etc. with two or more birds in realtion to each other at the same time).

IMHO as always.

I have been following autoflightlogic.com who is partnering with DJI for the IOS variant of a multiple feature autopilot that essential provides the automation functions you mention (and more). It is clear that DJI is taking and Apple like approach here, providing basic functions to support these features in their firmware while encouraging 3rd party developers to do the special applications and human interfaces. That is why you these features meantioned in an SDK promo - someone else will do it.

I have watched several of the developers Inspire 1 videos showing progress at different points and it seems likely to me that the new funtionality will be ready by the end of September but it requires some close coordination with DJI (and requires bureaucratic buyoff by Apple for major Autopilot App changes (because the app stays active in background it gets close scrutiny). There is an equivalent process going on for Android that I have not followed (someone else may add their 2¢ on that).

I think the approach is good for everyone once this first major round gets out of the gate. DJI can focus on what it does best (improving equioment, controls, cameras) while both IOS and Droid developers can focus on cool Apps and in the process give DJI better technical feedback for product development (unlike we "its busted" types that just want to fly). End result is more bodies working on making our lives easier. It will cost us a little more to feed these "extra bodies" but they are competing to fulfill in our interests. It is also peanuts for Apps compared to our other expense (Autopilot is $20, it includes in-app purchases at $5 each for more advaced features so it might grow tp $35-$40 with the full set which includes flying the pattern, follow me, poi, orbit, etc. with two or more birds in realtion to each other at the same time).

IMHO as always.

For some reason I was unable to download Auto Pilot when I tried yesterday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207