Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

WD 40 safe on rubber?

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Reason why I'm asking is because i previously cleaned the lead screw above the pinion with WD 40. Got rid of the old grease and regreased it. Some WD40 got on to the rubber boot as I was cleaning. I remember DJI recommending to clean the lead screw with WD40 then regreasing it. So hopefully it's safe on the rubber.

WD40 is primarily an aliphatic hydrocarbon and petroleum penetrating oil. It's a water dispersant made for the aerospace industry. I believe that boot is a fluorosilicone based component which is more resistant to petroleum than natural rubber which can disintegrate from long term exposure to petroleum. I would say wipe off any excess overspray and you will be fine.

WD40 is primarily an aliphatic hydrocarbon and petroleum penetrating oil. It's a water dispersant made for the aerospace industry. I believe that boot is a fluorosilicone based component which is more resistant to petroleum than natural rubber which can disintegrate from long term exposure to petroleum. I would say wipe off any excess overspray and you will be fine.

So you're saying WD 40 is pretty much safe? As I cleaned the lead screw under the boot with WD 40 on a cloth... I'm sure some of it got on to the rubber boot

So you're saying WD 40 is pretty much safe? As I cleaned the lead screw under the boot with WD 40 on a cloth... I'm sure some of it got on to the rubber boot

Yeah some over spray isn't going to hurt it. Just give it a good wipe afterward. DJI is suggesting to use it as a cleaner prior to greasing the lead screw.

Yeah some over spray isn't going to hurt it. Just give it a good wipe afterward. DJI is suggesting to use it as a cleaner prior to greasing the lead screw.
Yeah I remember reading that in the DJI Inspire 1 maintenance PDF manual. I cleaned under the boot and regreased it 2 months ago. I might clean it and apply new tri flow synthetic grease next month. I like having her running smooth :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah