Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Weak Mobile Device GPS signal. Cannot Acquire Location info

Reaction score
Weak Mobile Device GPS signal. Cannot Acquire Location info.

This was a issue several versions back (est late 2017 on DJI4GO for M210 and Inspire 2.

I am suddenly getting this error msg now each time when attempt too update the Home point either on ground or in airborne. Although Google Maps, Apple Map, and several UAV tools that use GPS are functioning normal. I’ve experimented with cellular turn on & off, wireless on & off. This is a iPad Pro 10.5 fully up to date on iOS & apps.

The DJIGo App, for M600 and Inspire 1 is working great and updating GPS without issues.

Anyone else seeing this issue?
Any suggestions?

Does your iPad have GSM/cellular service built in, or is it wifi only? If it's wifi only, then that's your problem as it doesn't have the electronics in the iPad to determine the iPad/rc position. You'll need to buy the small gps antenna add-on for the rc unit (which works well).

If you have the iPad with cellular, then not sure what the issue would be... check to see if it can find your position on Apple/google maps ok - if it can, then it's something in your Dji Go setup, if it can't then it's an issue with the pad/gps/gsm system.

IIRC, the Inspire 1 (& presumably the M600) controllers have a GPS receiver built in to the RC unit itself, although I don't believe it was too effective. For the I2, DJI removed the antenna and made it an add-on, but also changed it's position so it was installed on top of the mobile device holder clamp, giving it a better view of the GPS constellation and so improving it's effectiveness.

HTH

Last edited:
I have an iPad Pro 10.5 wifi only and it works perfect with my Inspire 2 and M210 without the external GPS module. I would delete the GoApp from your device and download a fresh one. I would also do a FW refresh on the copter.

This was a issue several versions back (est late 2017 on DJI4GO for M210 and Inspire 2.

I am suddenly getting this error msg now each time when attempt too update the Home point either on ground or in airborne. Although Google Maps, Apple Map, and several UAV tools that use GPS are functioning normal. I’ve experimented with cellular turn on & off, wireless on & off. This is a iPad Pro 10.5 fully up to date on iOS & apps.

The DJIGo App, for M600 and Inspire 1 is working great and updating GPS without issues.

Any suggestions?
My iPad is cellular, and as noted I turned cell on/off & wifi on/off in testing.
This is a new event for an established hardware setup, I've been using the iPad Pro, iPad mini and Cendence Ultrabright without this issues for long time, and in the exact same areas since it's my driveway test and local soccer field testing.

It gets a Home Point on takeoff, because I tested once by selecting RTH long enough to see it was returning to Home. It shows 12-16 Satilites, GPS on screen, the tracking telemetry path all look normal. But when you select to update the Home Point, the GPS error above appears. Basically it appears it's working, just not reporting correctly within the Go4 app... maybe the GPS is off 15-30 feet, noticed that on the M210 on one flight.

If I close the DJIGo4 and open the DJIGo and use I1 or M600 the GPS Home Point works fine that app, just not the DJIGO4 App. Also, other GPS related apps as indicated all work correctly... again indicating more of a DJIGO4 app issue.

I have an iPad Pro 10.5 wifi only and it works perfect with my Inspire 2 and M210 without the external GPS module. I would delete the GoApp from your device and download a fresh one. I would also do a FW refresh on the copter.

Honestly, I can't remember if I pulled the app off and reinstalled on this iPad. I'll perform the R&R of app and retest.

I'm using the iPad Pro on my M210 temporarily, my Cendence UB after a 2-4 hours usage just went blank and it's been sent in for repair. I hadn't been flying the I2 the last few weeks (bad part just replaced) and didn't really focus on the issue until I mounted the iPad Pro on the M210 which led me to test on the I2 to see if it was just the M210 which showed it was effecting both of them.

My post was to see if anyone else was getting this error after recent DJIGo4 update. Evidently not, and it's a individual problem. That also helps to Dx knowing it's not a App version issue.

Just out of interest, are you getting the error setting the home point to the aircraft position, or to the controller position (or both).

Aircraft or both may indicate a problem with the actual I2 and GPS. Reset to factory defaults via Assistant 2 might possibly help (long shot).
RC only may indicate a problem with the iPad/Go4? Delete and reinstall app may help (or downgrade to previous App version if you have a backup).

Just out of interest, are you getting the error setting the home point to the aircraft position, or to the controller position (or both).

Aircraft or both may indicate a problem with the actual I2 and GPS. Reset to factory defaults via Assistant 2 might possibly help (long shot).
RC only may indicate a problem with the iPad/Go4? Delete and reinstall app may help (or downgrade to previous App version if you have a backup).

Good Point, I'd lean that way on possible too if it was just the I2. But seeing the same issue with the M210.
I've taken the DJIGo4 app off, rebooted the iPad Pro and will retest later today. Due to hard storms (MidWest) I have a few other issues at hand at moment.
Thanks for the suggestions, appreciate it!

My Inspire one has always had this problem using the go app. Would not reset home point to controller location. Litchi does it with no problem.

My Inspire one has always had this problem using the go app. Would not reset home point to controller location. Litchi does it with no problem.
Haven't tried Litchi since noticing this issue, so not sure if problem carries over to Litchi.

I did remove DJI4Go app, reinstall and no change in condition. Guess I'll wait for a few updates... ha, now "waiting for a update"... maybe it'll self correct with new version.

My Inspire 1's behave great and don't exhibit this issue. I was considering adding the I2 RC GPS module to see if that helps the I2 problem.

Any suggestions?
I'm having the same exact problem with my Mavic Air and my new ipad 9.7 with cellular. I can set Return to Remote one out of 10 times. I've done several different tests unplugging, disconnect/reconnect, different areas, etc...... doesn't matter same results very sporadic. I cannot find a fix..........

My idea is I suggest an extra tracking device that is on a 3G so that you can rely on two options. One is the built-in GPS of the drone and another one is from the Tracking device mounted into your drone.:) This is only an idea suggestion it's up to you what is yours to follow;)

My idea is I suggest an extra tracking device that is on a 3G so that you can rely on two options. One is the built-in GPS of the drone and another one is from the Tracking device mounted into your drone.:) This is only an idea suggestion it's up to you what is yours to follow;)
Thanks for the help....... This may be an answer, but I.M.O. DJI could fix this issue through firmware. I will definitely take your suggestions under consideration if there isn't any other alternative further down the road. Thanks again, I appreciate the help. Ray :)

Reactions: jakejhonson44
Thanks for the help....... This may be an answer, but I.M.O. DJI could fix this issue through firmware. I will definitely take your suggestions under consideration if there isn't any other alternative further down the road. Thanks again, I appreciate the help. Ray :)

Making smart decisions fist bumps:) if you will ask me what i used i am willing to answer your question:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah