Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Weird crash

Reaction score
First time for crash today. Third flight of the day and upon takeoff, it goes sideways into a bush. Nothing damaged and I was able to fly again immediately. Fourth flight was great. All mod values etc were in desired zone. I was flying off of river bed rocks with a flat landing pad in th country, sunny day. I am using a Nvidia Shield and had no problems except the odd app crash in the past. I am using 1.2.1.06 firmware. The crash footage had a creation date of December 31, 2013!!!! Anyone seen this? Again the next flight was great....

I would guess from the date reported in the footage that the GPS was still initialising when you took off, That and using the old FW which is not as stable as the latest FW.

Reactions: The Editor
Were there fast moving clouds/shadows cast below the Inspire upon take off?
In some instances the VPS can 'lock onto' a shadow as its contrast reference point and if that shadow moves quickly it can fool the Inspire into thinking it has moved position.
Example:

Last edited:
Reactions: sirnikolas
I updated to the new firmware (not really what I wanted to do) on Saturday and all is good but I usually wait a month or more after a firmware release. Let others try it out first, I do this professionally and can't have my bird down because of software bugs. Plus, I'm still awaiting my replacement Shield :)

The VPS video posted is interesting, I'm wondering if the bright sun played with it? Not going to try and recreate it to test that theory.... ;)

did you move the inspire after you powered it on while the camera was spinning? doing so will cause erratic flight behavior every time, make sure to never move it during this power up self test process.

did you move the inspire after you powered it on while the camera was spinning? doing so will cause erratic flight behavior every time, make sure to never move it during this power up self test process.

Nope.... After seeing that video on the VPS, I'm thinking more about possible reflection from the sun. I'm just happy there was no damage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry