Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Weird noise when flying

Reaction score
hi guys

Seem to be getting a weird noise from what sounds like the props when I'm on full throttle, almost sounds like and indicator (turn signal) clicking noise, but a lot faster, is this normal? I didn't think it was but I'm new to this so not sure

Thanks
Mike

Not normal. Inspect each prop carefully and while flexing the blade to look for cracks. Also, rotate each prop while mounted by hand with the gear up and down to make sure there isn't contact between the blade and body or that the mounts or motor may have cracks.

When the craft is off, try to manually rotate the motor slowly, see if you feel any resistance, or hear any noises as compared to the other motors. I've had dust, sand, ect. get into the prop motor a few times, and makes some "clanking sounds" they have liquid electronic cleaners that you can put a drop into the prop to help lub it and get the particles out.

Ok so I've noticed that the front left motor makes like a crunching noise when I spin it by hand, does that mean it needs replaced?

Ok so I've noticed that the front left motor makes like a crunching noise when I spin it by hand, does that mean it needs replaced?
Probably contaminated bearing - easily replaced with any standard or ceramic hybrid dia: 5/11/5 (Bore 5mm, OD 11mm Width 5mm).
685ZZ's will fit (shielded)
If you do not have experience replacing brushless motor bearings replace the motor.

Just did it. Not too hard. I kept the old motor so I could replace the bearing and sell on for a decent price. similar symptoms to you. Figured the £80 was better spent than watching the inspire fall out of the sky.

I'm sure the old motor is worth something even in its current state.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk