Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What are different versions of Inspire 1V2

Reaction score
Website
www.http
As the proud owner of a new-to-me Inspire 1V2 for about 2 months now I am seeing there are different versions of it and I wonder if someone could point me to a site where the differences are explained.

While reading articles I've seen references to Raw and camouflage and I recently read there are older and newer motors in them.

As far as I can tell mine was made in 2015. It has the wavy black swirls on the pipes.

Also is there a Inspire 1 V1? and what is the difference there?

Thanks for any help.

The Inspire 1 V1 was only capable of carrying the X3 camera, but was easily upgraded to carry the X5 with a new vibration/gimbal mount. The motors were an older version on the I1 V1 and were updated on the I1 V2 to provide a little more power.

Thank you very much for that. Do you know about a RAW version? RAW to me is a large file type for still images that usually needs some post processing work. They have large file sizes and can produce nice big enlargements. Is that at all related to the RAW that see mentioned in some of the post in relation to the Inspires?

This refers to the RAW version of the X5 camera (X5R) which can be used on the Inspire 1 (so long as you have the updated vibration mount as mentioned above).

It has the capability of recording 4K RAW video files and uses high capacity SSD cards for storing the large file sizes. A very expensive setup and only worthwhile if you're filming high-end, cinema quality productions. The standard X5 offers interchangeable lenses, aperture control and focusing so more versatile than the X3 but still records on the micro SD cards.

Reactions: Keith Chirsan
This refers to the RAW version of the X5 camera (X5R) which can be used on the Inspire 1 (so long as you have the updated vibration mount as mentioned above).

It has the capability of recording 4K RAW video files and uses high capacity SSD cards for storing the large file sizes. A very expensive setup and only worthwhile if you're filming high-end, cinema quality productions. The standard X5 offers interchangeable lenses, aperture control and focusing so more versatile than the X3 but still records on the micro SD cards.

Thanks SM!
How can Is it easy to tell if I have the updated mount? I do want to upgrade the camera...

Thanks Mr. Mallin.

Herr's mine, top and bottom.

Are these the extensions on the legs?
The bottom looks different than the one in your photo.

Can you tell me what I would need to mount an X5 camera?

Thanks again...IMG_3766.jpg IMG_3765.jpg

Last edited:

Ahh yes exactly expensive setup it will be worth it for aerial photography too.

Thanks Mr. Mallin.

Herr's mine, top and bottom.

Are these the extensions on the legs?
The bottom looks different than the one in your photo.

Can you tell me what I would need to mount an X5 camera?

Thanks again...View attachment 21431 View attachment 21432

Okay you have the standard I1 setup. To mount an X5 you need the the 'Zenmuse X5 Vibration Absorbing Board' kit as referenced in my last post.

Looks like something has been added underneath your battery compartment. What is it, a GOPRO mount maybe?

Okay you have the standard I1 setup. To mount an X5 you need the the 'Zenmuse X5 Vibration Absorbing Board' kit as referenced in my last post.

Looks like something has been added underneath your battery compartment. What is it, a GOPRO mount maybe?

Would you recommend the X5? So far I have been doing roof inspections and real estate photos. Mostly for Drone Base.
I would like to be able to do more and I know I need to update the camera. I would like to do to get into the farm and cell tower etc. part of it also.

Thanks Again!

Would you recommend the X5? So far I have been doing roof inspections and real estate photos. Mostly for Drone Base.
I would like to be able to do more and I know I need to update the camera. I would like to do to get into the farm and cell tower etc. part of it also.

Thanks Again!

There's loads of information about the X5 on this forum and the DJI site so I suggest you do a bit of searching.

The main attraction for me is the ability to control aperture so I can get the correct exposure without having to keep changing the ND filters. It's also a better camera than the X3 for photographs as it's a larger sensor and the focus can also be controlled. I have the standard 15mm and an Olympus 45mm which is good for close-up images such as roof inspection. The Z3 (effectively an X3 camera with a zoom lens) would be an alternative you should look at.

The Inspire 1 V1 was only capable of carrying the X3 camera, but was easily upgraded to carry the X5 with a new vibration/gimbal mount. The motors were an older version on the I1 V1 and were updated on the I1 V2 to provide a little more power.

The props were different, too. The new props and hub are much better than the original, IMHO.

Reactions: Jim Weist
As the proud owner of a new-to-me Inspire 1V2 for about 2 months now I am seeing there are different versions of it and I wonder if someone could point me to a site where the differences are explained.

While reading articles I've seen references to Raw and camouflage and I recently read there are older and newer motors in them.

As far as I can tell mine was made in 2015. It has the wavy black swirls on the pipes.

Also is there a Inspire 1 V1? and what is the difference there?

Thanks for any help.
Been covered previously on the forum as far back as 2015.
Basically...
Versions:
A-B Change of carbon fiber weave
B-C Supply of QR props
C-D Slightly redesigned landing gear mechanism (2 parts instead of 4)

IMO the original threaded props with prop locks are far seperior since they offer a level of redundancy and do not wear. The QR mounts rely on a small plastic cam to keep the props on and need to be changed out after approx 200 flights (mounting/unmounting) - they also do not have any redundancy should the cam fail.

Been covered previously on the forum as far back as 2015.
Basically...
Versions:
A-B Change of carbon fiber weave
B-C Supply of QR props
C-D Slightly redesigned landing gear mechanism (2 parts instead of 4)

IMO the original threaded props with prop locks are far seperior since they offer a level of redundancy and do not wear. The QR mounts rely on a small plastic cam to keep the props on and need to be changed out after approx 200 flights (mounting/unmounting) - they also do not have any redundancy should the cam fail.

I think I have the latter type of props because they push down and twist. I had the misfortune of losing a prop last January when the temp was in the single digits and my hands were too cold to work correctly when I installed the props (which should have been done before I got there.)

DJI GO 4 showed me go up to 112 feet AGL and then had a nice little diagram of the Mavic Pro spiraling down to a $400 crash. A Mavic Pro is one thing but I would not want to be around if an Inspire came spiraling down. I did have the presence of mind to kill the motors with the CSC but it didn't have time to take effect before the drome hit the ground hard upside down. It had 3 stubs of blades still on and one was completely missing and no where to be found on the ground.

Makes me appreciate 6 blade drones if it's true they can be landed safely if they lose a blade. I normally wouldn't have flown in weather that cold but it was for a job and I had driven over an hour to get there. Turns out I lost the job and the 2+ hours of driving because at the time that was my only drone and the job had to be done ASAP so it was given to someone else.

When I posted about this in the Mavic Pilots forum right after it happened I got some criticism about trying to stop the motors and thereby losing control. Although this was the first time I experienced this I could tell by the sound of the MP spinning wildly that there was no controlling it to be had, and even though I was in a big empty lot, safety was my top priority and I didn't want it coming down with blades spinning.

I would hold off buying anything atm, chances are the new mavic 2 will probably do better photos and video than anything you can get on an inspire 1. Anything bar the X5R is going to look a little long in the tooth from now on, given many of us were moaning about the X5 video quality the day it come out. This guy proves the X5R is all the camera most people will ever need.

I would hold off buying anything atm, chances are the new mavic 2 will probably do better photos and video than anything you can get on an inspire 1. Anything bar the X5R is going to look a little long in the tooth from now on, given many of us were moaning about the X5 video quality the day it come out. This guy proves the X5R is all the camera most people will ever need.

Thank for that! You kinda drove home the point that I may have screwed up by purchasing my shiny new-to-me I1V2 without much research.
For some reason, I thought it was a big step up from my Mavic Pro. It wasn't until after I owned it I realized it basically has the same sensor.
One of the reasons I purchased it was as a pilot for Drone Base I was limited to certain missions since all I had was a Mavic Pro. I assumed the Inspire is what they were looking for.
Maybe it is, but not with the X3.

I need to do some research to see what is best for me.

I have done 36 Drone Base missions with my MP and after flying the Inspire I go back to the Mavic a lot. I often have to thread my way through electrical lines and swaying tree branches to be able to get a few feet over a roof to document damaged shingles and for me, the MP is easier to keep tight.

I could be wrong (I hope I am) but this is why I say the X3 has the same sensor as the Mavic Pro:

These are the specs from DJI's websites
Mavic Pro sensor: (X3) 1/2.3”
Inspire 1 V2 sensor: 1/2.3”

Maybe someone will tell me I'm wrong about all this!

Reactions: CopterBob

Whooaaaa! This video is Amazed me i feel stunned of the beauty of the nature captured via X5 cam:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide