Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What does DJI do with DAT Files / Flight Logs ?

Reaction score
Hello,

I've figured out how to download .DAT files and analyze them with DatCon. I also know how to download the Flight Logs off of the DJI Go app using iTunes (I'm operating iOS).

In the DJI Go app there is a button in the user section that seems to "sync your flight records" to the cloud.

I'm wondering two things... 1) do flight records include only the .txt files, or also all images you've captured and .DAT files related to that flight; and 2) does anyone know if DJI can access the .DAT files without you sending the drone in for repair?

What do they do with this information?

Thanks, T

Hello,

I've figured out how to download .DAT files and analyze them with DatCon. I also know how to download the Flight Logs off of the DJI Go app using iTunes (I'm operating iOS).

In the DJI Go app there is a button in the userflysafe
that seems to "sync your flight records" to the cloud.

I'm wondering two things... 1) do flight records include only the .txt files, or also all images you've captured and .DAT files related to that flight; and 2) does anyone know if DJI can access the .DAT files without you sending the drone in for repair?

What do they do with this information?

Thanks, T
No - DAT file downloads require a connection to the aircraft and would be too big to 'grab' them over the air so to speak.
DJI are monitoring far more than you think without your knowledge.
Here is a list of what is going on 'behind the scenes' and what DJI Go connects to without your permission (some of these maybe accessed even when the app isn't running!)
•mydjiflight.dji.com
•newrelic.com - app analytics
•djistatic.com
•flurry.com
•conf.international.baidu.com
•baidu.com
•qbox.me (via qbox.wscdns.com)
•upgrade.dj2006.net
•pingma.qq.com
•u.dji.com
•acbe.aasky.net
•tpns.qq.com
•dds.dji.com
•pilotv2.djivideos.com
•active.dji.com
m.dji.com
•djicdn.com
www.skypixel.com
•djiexplore.com
•flysafe

If you are not flying where you shouldn't you have nothing to worry about though do you. :)

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm not flying anywhere I shouldn't be, but am collecting proprietary data for a company that I don't want to be monitored by DJI.

The links you sent either didn't work or sent me to generic website splash pages...

Got anything with more detail?

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm not flying anywhere I shouldn't be, but am collecting proprietary data for a company that I don't want to be monitored by DJI.

The links you sent either didn't work or sent me to generic website splash pages...

Got anything with more detail?
They are not links - they are domains that are being contacted by DJI Go without your knowledge.
One of them was military affiliated but I can't remember which.

More than any of DJI's other faults, this is the chief reason I'm considering dropping DJI products. Right after I burn all my Apple products, quit using the internet in any form and go to an all cash lifestyle...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry