Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What does I1 do with no GPS and lost RC contact?

Can't find it in the manual. What does she do when there is no GPS, therefore no home point, and then loses contact with the controller? Land?
Why would it not have GPS? When the I1 loses signal from the RC is will take the set Loss of RC Signal action - either RTH or Land (FW 1.3.0.0 and iOS app 2.1.0). I know that both actions works as I have tested both with a working GPS. If the GPS has been disabled, then I strongly suspect that the I1 will land at its current position (regardless of what is below).

Right -- the Inspire will land at its current position if the home point has not been marked and/or it's connected to less than 6 satellites.

Reactions: highground
Why would it not have GPS? When the I1 loses signal from the RC is will take the set Loss of RC Signal action - either RTH or Land (FW 1.3.0.0 and iOS app 2.1.0). I know that both actions works as I have tested both with a working GPS. If the GPS has been disabled, then I strongly suspect that the I1 will land at its current position (regardless of what is below).

GPS has been known to fail though or not have full lock occasionally? I think the OP was after a worse case type of answer that's all?

So if you're flying, sudden GPS loss and then RC loss, what happens...I am inclined to agree, a controlled decent using other sensors (Accel, Barometer, VPS etc).

I am inclined to agree, a controlled decent using other sensors (Accel, Barometer, VPS etc).
The descent won't be as controlled as one would want in windy conditions. Depending on the altitude at the time, the Inspire could drift considerably. Again though, this is certainly a worst case scenario. And, it beats it dropping like a rock from the sky.

Thanks you guys. Is there any written confirmation from DJI out there that can confirm this? Yes, I am asking them directly too.

Yes, this is worst case scenario planning for lost link/GPS behavior in firmware. Required for COAs I'm after.

Thanks you guys. Is there any written confirmation from DJI out there that can confirm this? Yes, I am asking them directly too.

Yes, this is worst case scenario planning for lost link/GPS behavior in firmware. Required for COAs I'm after.
I doubt if you will get anything in writing. You could always set up your own test as I did for the RTH of RC loss. Just find a very large playing field and no people.

Now I see three choices for 'Lost RC signal." RTH, Land or Hover. So IF it has GPS and enough battery and no compass interference, wouldn't Hover be the best choice. I think a poll is in order.

Now I see three choices for 'Lost RC signal." RTH, Land or Hover. So IF it has GPS and enough battery and no compass interference, wouldn't Hover be the best choice. I think a poll is in order.
I don't think hover would be too good an idea?...... unless at low power it then returned 'home'?.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa