Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What material is the inspire case foam made from?

Reaction score
Website
guynamedlindsey.com
I'm in the Caribbean and I noticed a trail of ants making their way back and forth from my case. I opened it and found what looked like a small infestation. I removed the foam pieces and hosed them down. Now I see more ants coming from tiny holes they chewed into the foam. Wondering why they might be loving the foam so much, is it plant based?o_O

Should be an interesting trip home with no foam.

That's interesting. Perhaps there is oil of some sort in there. Ants like grease as well as sugar.
I suggest a caseman case. It's what I use and it rocks. Same size as stock case but no zipper or P.O.S. handle to break. http://www.caseman.com/product/DRCS1WF.html
View attachment 9673

OOOH FANCY! Ive seen that case but never with the foam, so thank you! Will definitely have to consider it seeing that its probably ecologically unsafe to bring this foam back to NY.

If you hear about some crazy New York Killer Ant, its my fault.

They call the stock case a suitcase....... I guess your laundry can take the place of the infested foam. Just hope the zipper holds!!
When I bought my case, I figured I could sell the stock case on ebay to recover some of the cost.
Well, after listing it 4 times (at $40) with no nibbles, I listed it auction style and sold it for $15. A brand new DJI V2.0 case. Go figure. The guy that bought it paid $20 to ship it and said he bought it because his had a broken zipper and handle and he was tired of having to duct tape it shut.
Gee... keep a Multi thousand dollar item in a P.O.S. case........
If you email caseman directly he usually will work a discount or throw in shipping.
Good luck... leave the hitch hikers there!!

I'm in the Caribbean and I noticed a trail of ants making their way back and forth from my case. I opened it and found what looked like a small infestation. I removed the foam pieces and hosed them down. Now I see more ants coming from tiny holes they chewed into the foam. Wondering why they might be loving the foam so much, is it plant based?o_O

Should be an interesting trip home with no foam.
We are in the process of planning and building a home. We are working with an architect who has embraced ICF construction, which is basically styrofoam forms with concrete poured in the middle. His own home was constructed using this method (a relatively new concept) and when I asked him how the styrofoam was holding up in the environment, he told me that the only problem so far, was they've discovered that ants love to build their nests in it. Seems they can easily tunnel through it and it's a lot warmer than earth. Clever little buggers!

Reactions: GuyNamedLindsey
We are in the process of planning and building a home. We are working with an architect who has embraced ICF construction, which is basically styrofoam forms with concrete poured in the middle. His own home was constructed using this method (a relatively new concept) and when I asked him how the styrofoam was holding up in the environment, he told me that the only problem so far, was they've discovered that ants love to build their nests in it. Seems they can easily tunnel through it and it's a lot warmer than earth. Clever little buggers!

Wow. Thats so crazy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alecia4669