Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What other hobbies do you have?

Reaction score
Thread title says it all.

What other hobbies do you have?

Many, but computers, photo and to fly drones are the only ones I have time for, since they are part of my job.
Fishing is another great hobby, which I devote the whole 2-4 days per year. o_O

This is a funny question for me as it is a running joke in my family that I spread myself too thin by doing a little bit of everything. I think my main thing is I like to control things that move.
I love all things RC. I have quads, planes, helis, trucks, and robots.
I race my M-coupe with SCCA. I also run my ATV, motorcycle, off-road go-kart, and jeep on my property.
I recently got my pilots license and have been doing that quite regularly.
Love to shoot guns, snowboard, and hike. Always building something. I play way more video games than I should. I watch a LOT of movies. Love to buy and play with neat new toys (I'm 30 so it's a bit weird). Trained and certified my dog to be a therapy dog in hospitals so we can visit sick kids. There is likely a lot more but it's hard to recall. I have issues. Not a fan of down time.

Doing cycling races on road and MTB.Triathlon is another one.Cooking and BBQ also a favorite.My cats.Driving my Audi.And spending a lot of time on my audio set.
Left over time is for my wife.

Reactions: jkerrins
Besides RC quads and airplanes, I am a recumbent trike rider. In fact we bought our retirement (wife is retired and I am weeks away from that day) home on our areas Bicycle trail system so we can roll out of our garage and be in the trail in seconds. Been riding for decades. Lots of cycles bought and sold over the years.

David

I've owned a 1947 rag winged Cessna 120 now for 37 years that I fear may becoming a tad jealous of all the time I've been spending lately with my new Inspire. Fortunately being retired allows me a fair amount of time for both. I'm sure though it's only a matter of time before the Triumph Bonneville and my Triumph TR6 (the bike and car) start leaking oil or some other annoying attention getter to draw me away from my two aerial companions. Also can taking naps count as a hobby?

I've owned a 1947 rag winged Cessna 120 now for 37 years that I fear may becoming a tad jealous of all the time I've been spending lately with my new Inspire. Fortunately being retired allows me a fair amount of time for both. I'm sure though it's only a matter of time before the Triumph Bonneville and my Triumph TR6 (the bike and car) start leaking oil or some other annoying attention getter to draw me away from my two aerial companions. Also can taking naps count as a hobby?

I flew a rag winged 1953 Piper Super Cub for a few years, great fun. It was one of the Soaring Club's tow planes I flew on summer weekends. Back then I could fly it during the week for $35/hour wet, I can't fly for those $$ these days. I also had a 1971 TR6 back in 1971, what a blast to drive, however horrible when it came to the Lucas electrics. Miss the car, not the troubles I had with that one.

David

I build and compete with RC rock crawlers (3 years in) along with playing in a band for the last 40 years. Those take up some of my time but my 2 grand kids get the rest. (Along with my 2 still needy daughters). Jealous of you other retired guys, but getting there, can't wait!

Besides flying UAV's, I play with a jazz/fusion band and write and record music in my recording studio.
Sadly I have not much time left for fly fishing, sailing, driving my Defender110 off road, or flying my other RC fixed wings and helicopter.

Building PC's, playing Hockey, flying my Inspire 1, and cleaning up after my 3 kids

Photography, writing, horses. Also games of all sorts: board, card, tabletop, and video.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips