Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What's the best quad to learn how to fly?

Hey Sophia..
welcome to inspirepilots.com. ..
I'd say start out with a trainer quadcopter like the dromida ominus. .they cost about 90 usd and will help you transition to a phantom then an inspire. .
flying a trainer will teach you how to fly without gps which will pay big dividends when you step up to a bigger drone ..
Once you master a trainer a phantom or inspire will be easy to fly..
I still enjoy flying my dromida. .
Welcome to your new addiction. .
turbo. ...

id just go to the local stroe and see what cheap toys they have.
try a Walkera ladybird, a wl toys v262 or something like that, the key for me is one that requires you to control the height, once you can do that, then you will find a phantom or inspire easy, but when they get buffeted by the wind and need a little help controling the height it should be second nature and be easy for you to do.

practice inside, then practice will be cheaper :)

failing that, buy something that is in kit form, then you can learn how multirotos work also

Im serious, I'd get whatever phantom you could afford if you know you want to take it seriously later, or if you're already an RC guy and have something like the spektrum dx6i that you can use with a program like phoenix, then you don't even need to buy a drone to learn. I learned how to do tick tocks with my 600 completely in phoenix, and it was different in real life a tiny bit (wind, load on motor etc) but it helped enough to actually be able to nail them and maintain altitude. The drones in phoenix are so close to what the phantoms are like its crazy. you can assign a switch on your transmitter to represent the FAP lever on your DJI. You can flip on and off GPS and everything and even do FPV view. I'm telling you it's absolutely the best way.

Did I just say FAP lever?

Reactions: AndrewH

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk