Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What's your longest range flight so far?

Reaction score
just wondering who may be attaining flight ranges close to what DJI are advertising the Inspire to be able to fly?

I am very pleased to set the ante at over 2500m! This flight, as you will see in the linked video here I
flew over 5000m return and landed with 47% battery remaining (small battery too!). My only gripe was the Gimbal Jerky shortly after take-off.

Post your videos with the authenticating log book page here.

Last edited:
Reactions: douglas.brownlie
Holy crap, 2.5km! I was always afraid to push the range (furthest 3,700 feet), but this boosts my confidence some.

just wondering who may be attaining flight ranges close to what DJI are advertising the Inspire to be able to fly?

I am very pleased to set the ante at over 2500m! This flight, as you will see in the linked video here I
flew over 5000m return and landed with 47% battery remaining (small battery too!). My only gripe was the Gimbal Jerky shortly after take-off.

Eric Chang said it would go up to 2 miles ,but I was corrected by someone whow said it's 2000 kilometers ( I think it was)
this flight is more than 1.5 miles.. that's a quarter mile past what the guys said was max range..
I'm guessing 2 miles is possible. .but even if it isn't 1.5 miles is complete awesome. .
I believe dji will not mess with this by limiting it..
also if you were on inspirepilots.com for a minute you'd remember me making a mistake ,on a post, regarding the manual and impossed flight limits..I was wrong in my interpretation,but I had a feeling that they would impose flight restrictions and they did in regards to max elevation. ..

I think you might hold the record. I had my orginal lb out over 2.3km. I have only gone 1.5km with the inspire, haven't wanted to push it ,YET.

You definitely raised the bar, good Job man!

Just about 2 miles. Nice. Any footage or details you can share about the experience? Over water? Temp, etc?

I didn't record the flight as I wasn't anticipating doing a long distance run. It just kind of happnened and when it did my full focus was on flying the craft. The weather was decent that night (for Minnesota), 30 degrees fahrenheit and calm winds. I flew in ATTI mode the entire flight so I was able to achieve faster air speeds (averaged about 50 mph). The flight was over land semi-suburban environment. Both the aircraft and video signals were rock solid and I mean rock solid up until about 3km - at that point the app informed me of weak signals but still had full control of the craft and video. No cut outs. And believe it or not, because it was dark, I never lost sight of the craft.

I didn't record the flight as I wasn't anticipating doing a long distance run. It just kind of happnened and when it did my full focus was on flying the craft. The weather was decent that night (for Minnesota), 30 degrees fahrenheit and calm winds. I flew in ATTI mode the entire flight so I was able to achieve faster air speeds (averaged about 50 mph). The flight was over land semi-suburban environment. Both the aircraft and video signals were rock solid and I mean rock solid up until about 3km - at that point the app informed me of weak signals but still had full control of the craft and video. No cut outs. And believe it or not, because it was dark, I never lost sight of the craft.

Dark, 30F. Gutsy! I would have expected the cold weather to cut battery life. How much % battery left on landing?

Cool flight Peter,
What platform are you using? I'd guess Android? I'm using iOS, and afraid to go any great distance. Do you think flying in ATTI extends your range?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207