Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Where is IPA File Located

Reaction score
I am about to update the IOS to the GO app but am very concerned about what I have read so far. So I want to preserve the current Pilot App in case I want to restore it. Can someone tell me how I locate and copy the Pilot App IPA file? I am new to IOS and stuff like that has been easy on the android. So I am lost!

Reactions: Scotflieger
You need to backup your iOS device with iTunes. This will copy you DJI Pilot app to your Mac and as it has a different name I found that it was not overwritten when I then backed up again after installing DJI GO app.

PS. There should be no concerns with the new DJI GO app. It works just fine. It is only those that want to retain the incorrectly implemented 32 video channels that are desperate (for some reason) to downgrade to the older Pilot app. That facility won't be coming back so people should start living with what they have got.

Reactions: Mopar Bob
You need to backup your iOS device with iTunes. This will copy you DJI Pilot app to your Mac and as it has a different name I found that it was not overwritten when I then backed up again after installing DJI GO app.

PS. There should be no concerns with the new DJI GO app. It works just fine. It is only those that want to retain the incorrectly implemented 32 video channels that are desperate (for some reason) to downgrade to the older Pilot app. That facility won't be coming back so people should start living with what they have got.

Thanks for the information.

When you upgrade an app on your device, the computer to which you are connected, via iTunes, will then have old versions of any apps in the trash. You can pull those .ipa files from the trash before you empty it and preserve them in case you later wish to downgrade. I did that and still use Pilot 1.0.2. To reinstall, delete the current app via iTunes, sync, drag the old .ipa files into iTunes, sync, Viola!

Reactions: Sunscreen

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela