Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Where is the latest Inspire 1 Battery Firmware Update?

Reaction score
Website
www.airflix.com.au
It's not on the Inspire 1 download page any longer, only the charging hub update. Is there still an update for the batteries? I'm having problems charging batteries, they do not charge with either the hub or individually.

1.6.0.40 is the most recent battery firmware available. It's available on the official dji site/inspire 1 /downloads. The battery firmware is bundled inside the aircraft firmware

It's not on the Inspire 1 download page any longer, only the charging hub update. Is there still an update for the batteries? I'm having problems charging batteries, they do not charge with either the hub or individually.
The battery firmware is included in the main aircraft firmware. However, not all firmware loads update the battery and you need to read the release notes. The last firmware with a change to the battery was 1.5.xx.

After doing the aircraft firmware, you need to repeat the same process with each battery inserted. The second LED on the battery will flash when it is being updated. After each install you should check the .txt file on the MicroSD card. If it says Aborted - Software up to date for the second battery then there is no need to try anymore.

1.6.0.40 is the most recent battery firmware available. It's available on the official dji site/inspire 1 /downloads. The battery firmware is bundled inside the aircraft firmware
FW 1.6.xx does not include any new battery firmware updates. It only modifies the flight control subsystem to better manage battery usage and power management in cold conditions (<15C).

Just to clarify, I need to run the aircraft firmware update for the first battery, then insert the next battery and run it again? Is the aircraft going to make the same audio feedback like the previous battery updates did?

Just to clarify, I need to run the aircraft firmware update for the first battery, then insert the next battery and run it again? Is the aircraft going to make the same audio feedback like the previous battery updates did?
Yes you are correct. The aircraft will start the DDDD if the battery is updating and end with D-DD and last 2-3 mins max. If you don't get the tones the battery is already updated.

I don't get the tones yet the go app still shows my battery firmware needs to be updated. Any ideas what is happening here?

I don't get the tones yet the go app still shows my battery firmware needs to be updated. Any ideas what is happening here?
Although the App will indicate that the battery firmware needs updating, you need to have the FW .bin file in the root directory of a MicroSD card inserted in the camera with the battery installed to do the update. You need to do this for each battery you have.

Although the App will indicate that the battery firmware needs updating, you need to have the FW .bin file in the root directory of a MicroSD card inserted in the camera with the battery installed to do the update. You need to do this for each battery you have.

I probably wasn't clear enough in my description of the problem. I have an updated inspire and an updated RC both of which just came back from DJI repair facility. The aircraft and the RC have current firmware. However the batteries are not current. The app recognizes this and prompts me to update the battery. I downloaded the latest firmware from the DJI site assuming the latest version also contained the latest battery update. I did download it to the root directory on the SD card and inserted the SD in the X5 camera. When I turn on the aircraft it either does not recognize the .bin file or it does recognize it and sees that the firmware matches whats on the camera and aircraft and does not do attempt to update them. It however does not see that the battery firmware is older. Is it possible that the latest firmware for the inspire does not contain a battery update? If so, would it work if I could determine the most current version that does contain a battery update and run it?

Reactions: Jimmy6616
I probably wasn't clear enough in my description of the problem. I have an updated inspire and an updated RC both of which just came back from DJI repair facility. The aircraft and the RC have current firmware. However the batteries are not current. The app recognizes this and prompts me to update the battery. I downloaded the latest firmware from the DJI site assuming the latest version also contained the latest battery update. I did download it to the root directory on the SD card and inserted the SD in the X5 camera. When I turn on the aircraft it either does not recognize the .bin file or it does recognize it and sees that the firmware matches whats on the camera and aircraft and does not do attempt to update them. It however does not see that the battery firmware is older. Is it possible that the latest firmware for the inspire does not contain a battery update? If so, would it work if I could determine the most current version that does contain a battery update and run it?
Are you using the correct Inspire 1 Pro FW download (WM610_FC550_FW_V01.08.01.00.bin)? Without the FC550, the X5 camera will not read it. Also turn on hidden files on your computer and take a look at the detailed update log (in /misc/log). It will tell whether everything has been updated correctly.

You have to repeat the firmware on the inspire for each add'l battery you have? does it take as long as the first firmware update?

I found the answer, yes you do but it only updates the battery

Reactions: DStew

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry