Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Where to find a Dji S1000 or S900

Reaction score
I have been interested in purchasing either a DJI S1000 or S900 series drone. I wanted to upgrade from my Mavic PRO (still gonna use it like crazy, the new one is for a different use case) and wanted something I can fly my Sony a7R2 from and take my filming to the next level. I also had some ideas to use it in other projects for search and rescue and payload tests. I know the Mavic 3 is beautiful but I have some other reasons I wanted to purchase due to its payload capability and the fact I can use whatever system and custom stuff in it. I can't seem to find a forum or a proper place to look for one. Not many of these are for sale anymore so I wanted to enlist some help from the pros. Do any of you either want to sell or happen to know where I can find a S900 or S1000?

Seriously thanks in advance. I hope this post is allowed.

I have been interested in purchasing either a DJI S1000 or S900 series drone. I wanted to upgrade from my Mavic PRO (still gonna use it like crazy, the new one is for a different use case) and wanted something I can fly my Sony a7R2 from and take my filming to the next level. I also had some ideas to use it in other projects for search and rescue and payload tests. I know the Mavic 3 is beautiful but I have some other reasons I wanted to purchase due to its payload capability and the fact I can use whatever system and custom stuff in it. I can't seem to find a forum or a proper place to look for one. Not many of these are for sale anymore so I wanted to enlist some help from the pros. Do any of you either want to sell or happen to know where I can find a S900 or S1000?

I *believe* my business partner has one in his inventory that has been basically retired. If you're serious, I'll make inquiries. If memory serves, the beast was never crashed and always well taken care of.

UPDATE: Yes, my partner DOES have an S1000. PM me if you want to move forward and I'll send along photos and other information.

D

Not sure if Web Site is accurate or current... but shows they have new.
dji-s1000-frame-hexacopter

Glad to see your adventurous side for a S1000. If your Profile is accurate on age (diff on Commercial forum), you've missed sUAV development years. Your Mavic PRO will fly totally different than large platforms, and the S1000 had it's touchiness on landing stability. A large Octal or Hex tipping is quite the experience and pucker factor if you're used to a Mavic PRO size platform.

Have you thought out the electronics, wanting to leave with older electronics or upgrade to A3 or A3Pro. There's some nice features of the S1000, but there's some negative too. If you watch eBay, you'll come across a S1000 occasionally. Adorama was selling S1000 kits, A3Pro and Lightbridge2 kits until last year or so... I think they drained the "new" supply. IF you use a new A3Pro / LB2 setup, you have essentially same setup & compatibility as the M600Pro.

I have 2x M600Pro and a S1000 in project build up. The payload mount & rail width is slightly different than the M600Pro, needing a little modification or can be changed over to nice 3rd Party Tension Spring attachment system. The default S1000 was a 15" flexible Prop and the motors & ESC's weren't nearly as smooth as M600Pro... this gave the S1000 a little bit of a bad name as not being very controllable or smooth.

I've got 2-3 (8 each) Sets of the E1200 TPS Motor upgrades, targeted for S900 but works same for S1000 Octal. The E1200 TPS kit moves craft to 17" (or 18" can be used) Carbon props, Greatly increases tuned motor smoothness and improvements in the ESC units. If you add this modification, you"ll need longer motor arms for prop clearance and need the A3 or A3Pro / Lightbridge 2 electronics. Also longer legs help too when folded.

The increased Prop Dish size, stiff carbon blades, smooth ESC, and lower RPM Tuned Motors... enhances the overall flight smoothness of the S1000. I collected the E1200 TPS kits from multiple Countries, so if you're interested I may be interested in selling 1 Set. I had originally collected 3 sets because I had visualized making a few custom S1000 for sale... that later faded in appeal due to cost and the difficulty finding all the S1000 components needed.

For ease of completion, I'd suggest examining the M600Pro. The Ronin MX or Gremsy Gimbal hold the A7 series nicely. The end result will have a lot more User Support and parts on-going. If it's a Octal you want... then yep, the S1000 is an option.

Last edited:
Reactions: Donnie Frank
Not sure if Web Site is accurate or current... but shows they have new.
dji-s1000-frame-hexacopter

Glad to see your adventurous side for a S1000. If your Profile is accurate on age (diff on Commercial forum), you've missed sUAV development years. Your Mavic PRO will fly totally different than large platforms, and the S1000 had it's touchiness on landing stability. A large Octal or Hex tipping is quite the experience and pucker factor if you're used to a Mavic PRO size platform.

Have you thought out the electronics, wanting to leave with older electronics or upgrade to A3 or A3Pro. There's some nice features of the S1000, but there's some negative too. If you watch eBay, you'll come across a S1000 occasionally. Adorama was selling S1000 kits, A3Pro and Lightbridge2 kits until last year or so... I think they drained the "new" supply. IF you use a new A3Pro / LB2 setup, you have essentially same setup & compatibility as the M600Pro.

I have 2x M600Pro and a S1000 in project build up. The payload mount & rail width is slightly different than the M600Pro, needing a little modification or can be changed over to nice 3rd Party Tension Spring attachment system. The default S1000 was a 15" flexible Prop and the motors & ESC's weren't nearly as smooth as M600Pro... this gave the S1000 a little bit of a bad name as not being very controllable or smooth.

I've got 2-3 (8 each) Sets of the E1200 TPS Motor upgrades, targeted for S900 but works same for S1000 Octal. The E1200 TPS kit moves craft to 17" (or 18" can be used) Carbon props, Greatly increases tuned motor smoothness and improvements in the ESC units. If you add this modification, you"ll need longer motor arms for prop clearance and need the A3 or A3Pro / Lightbridge 2 electronics. Also longer legs help too when folded.

The increased Prop Dish size, stiff carbon blades, smooth ESC, and lower RPM Tuned Motors... enhances the overall flight smoothness of the S1000. I collected the E1200 TPS kits from multiple Countries, so if you're interested I may be interested in selling 1 Set. I had originally collected 3 sets because I had visualized making a few custom S1000 for sale... that later faded in appeal due to cost and the difficulty finding all the S1000 components needed.

For ease of completion, I'd suggest examining the M600Pro. The Ronin MX or Gremsy Gimbal hold the A7 series nicely. The end result will have a lot more User Support and parts on-going. If it's a Octal you want... then yep, the S1000 is an option.

Thanks for the response. I typed my age wrong on the commercial forum and need to figure out how to fix it. But yeah I’ve been looking into the S900, S1000 series. I have a mavic pro listed because that’s the newest DJI drone I have. I have still used larger drones I was just giving a reference. I have built myself some larger hexacopter rigs in the past for larger platforms so the size isn’t an issue there. My goal was to get it to work on it as a project. Something I can put time into and get the exact result I want. My plan was to buy one and try it out stock with the A2 and original lightbridge. If I end up not liking the performance I was going to be doing an upgrade to the N3, not the A3 because for some reason it doesn’t have sport mode which is important for what I would use it for. I would also do the Lightbridge 2 and E1200 upgrade as well. I’ve been mainly looking at them because they are a great platform that still wouldn’t cost me about $7000-$10000 to equal with the M600. I’m more of a DIY guy so I would like the older system better. Ive been doing DIY a lot so for me upgrades and changes shouldn’t be a problem. Is it odd that I like that the S900 and S1000 for the fact that they are less of a built product than the M600?

Thanks and I’ll remember your message. When I get it and use it for a few weeks I’ll see if it needs heavy upgrades. If so I’ll see if you are still selling the propulsion system.

Have a great day!

Thanks for the response. I typed my age wrong on the commercial forum and need to figure out how to fix it. But yeah I’ve been looking into the S900, S1000 series. I have a mavic pro listed because that’s the newest DJI drone I have. I have still used larger drones I was just giving a reference. I have built myself some larger hexacopter rigs in the past for larger platforms so the size isn’t an issue there. My goal was to get it to work on it as a project. Something I can put time into and get the exact result I want. My plan was to buy one and try it out stock with the A2 and original lightbridge. If I end up not liking the performance I was going to be doing an upgrade to the N3, not the A3 because for some reason it doesn’t have sport mode which is important for what I would use it for. I would also do the Lightbridge 2 and E1200 upgrade as well. I’ve been mainly looking at them because they are a great platform that still wouldn’t cost me about $7000-$10000 to equal with the M600. I’m more of a DIY guy so I would like the older system better. Ive been doing DIY a lot so for me upgrades and changes shouldn’t be a problem. Is it odd that I like that the S900 and S1000 for the fact that they are less of a built product than the M600?

Thanks and I’ll remember your message. When I get it and use it for a few weeks I’ll see if it needs heavy upgrades. If so I’ll see if you are still selling the propulsion system.

Have a great day!
I saw your follow-up post on Commercial Forum... good luck on the S1000 you found. Hope that hits the mark. I've seen several Z15 A7 gimbals on eBay that you previously mentioned... good luck on hunt!

Just additional ramblings & reply...
The New DJI S1000 build kit didn't have any controller, and several Builders used either the N or A series on builds. I do think the A2 became a more acceptable normal build since it was reviewed as the best controller at the time... then several Owners rebuilt with A3 & LB2 when electronic kits became more available. I purchased my S1000 new from Adorama, as well as the LB2 and A3Pro kits. The S1000 kit was Airframe, ESC's and Motors... no electronics.

Not sure where you've read the A3 and A3 Pro lack Sport mode. They do have Sport mode, you may need to set 3-Position Sw to "S" in Asst2. The A3 Sport mode still does 45 degrees like the N3. Now, I don't believe Sport Mode is part of "A" mode... Sport mode still uses GPS on the A3 series.

The A3 was an advanced controller over the N3 & when coupled with LB2 was useable with much more DJI newer payloads... normally the A3, and A3 Pro was a nice upgrade from the N3. It was much more in cost... if I remember... almost X3 the cost, which is why may elected to use the N3.

Many 3rd party apps work with A3 & LB2, and A3 provides several flight modes, waypoints, etc. Basically, if you examine the M600Pro.. you'll have same functionality on S1000 A3Pro LB2 kit... the only difference I've found is due to FW limitations purposely written to limit the mount of Zenmuse XT2 for the M600Pro only and not non-M600 A3 Pro platforms (S1000 A3 LB2). The S1000 A3Pro LB2 will mount every other payload the M600Pro can mount. Including the RoninMX and LB2 control.

We're similar in thought... I went with a S1000 to essentially have a M600Pro platform without the costly TB48 batteries. Using the Tattu Plus Lipo series (dual)... these offer similar "smart" battery features and a hard protective casing in a standard LiPo and a much better way to charge with balance leads.

Sounds like you have the DIY bug... so enjoy your build-ups!
Good Luck on finding New (NOS) of electronics... LB2 kits are getting harder to find.

Good Luck and have Fun on build.

I saw your follow-up post on Commercial Forum... good luck on the S1000 you found. Hope that hits the mark. I've seen several Z15 A7 gimbals on eBay that you previously mentioned... good luck on hunt!

Just additional ramblings & reply...
The New DJI S1000 build kit didn't have any controller, and several Builders used either the N or A series on builds. I do think the A2 became a more acceptable normal build since it was reviewed as the best controller at the time... then several Owners rebuilt with A3 & LB2 when electronic kits became more available. I purchased my S1000 new from Adorama, as well as the LB2 and A3Pro kits. The S1000 kit was Airframe, ESC's and Motors... no electronics.

Not sure where you've read the A3 and A3 Pro lack Sport mode. They do have Sport mode, you may need to set 3-Position Sw to "S" in Asst2. The A3 Sport mode still does 45 degrees like the N3. Now, I don't believe Sport Mode is part of "A" mode... Sport mode still uses GPS on the A3 series.

The A3 was an advanced controller over the N3 & when coupled with LB2 was useable with much more DJI newer payloads... normally the A3, and A3 Pro was a nice upgrade from the N3. It was much more in cost... if I remember... almost X3 the cost, which is why may elected to use the N3.

Many 3rd party apps work with A3 & LB2, and A3 provides several flight modes, waypoints, etc. Basically, if you examine the M600Pro.. you'll have same functionality on S1000 A3Pro LB2 kit... the only difference I've found is due to FW limitations purposely written to limit the mount of Zenmuse XT2 for the M600Pro only and not non-M600 A3 Pro platforms (S1000 A3 LB2). The S1000 A3Pro LB2 will mount every other payload the M600Pro can mount. Including the RoninMX and LB2 control.

We're similar in thought... I went with a S1000 to essentially have a M600Pro platform without the costly TB48 batteries. Using the Tattu Plus Lipo series (dual)... these offer similar "smart" battery features and a hard protective casing in a standard LiPo and a much better way to charge with balance leads.

Sounds like you have the DIY bug... so enjoy your build-ups!
Good Luck on finding New (NOS) of electronics... LB2 kits are getting harder to find.

Good Luck and have Fun on build.
Thanks! Trust me I enjoy the hunt. When I looked through DJI’s website and videos I don’t think I have ever seen one mention sport mode on the A3. The N3 on the other hands one of the main sell points was sport mode. I’ll do some more digging. Personally the N3 is more than enough but I would go for an A3 if I had the chance. I will do what I can to make the best drone for what I need.

Have a great night and thank you once again!

Have a great day!
Interesting to read your post, just an over enthusiastic flyer, but I too went down the route of the S1000 a few years back. Ended up buying three over the years very inexpensively as folks moved on to the M600 and smaller platforms. Only have one of the S1000s together as the others are for spare parts. Kept the original motors and props but took out the A2 system and rebuilt with the A3 pro and LB2 controller. I have the inspire 2, M100 & M600pro and the S1000 set up with the A3 pro is just as functional. Powering it with dual Tattu 10K batteries or (1) Tattu 22K smart battery works great. Also, the S1000 can really move in sport mode. Payload is usually X5R for filming or a Z30 (just for fun). Good luck with yours.

Interesting to read your post, just an over enthusiastic flyer, but I too went down the route of the S1000 a few years back. Ended up buying three over the years very inexpensively as folks moved on to the M600 and smaller platforms. Only have one of the S1000s together as the others are for spare parts. Kept the original motors and props but took out the A2 system and rebuilt with the A3 pro and LB2 controller. I have the inspire 2, M100 & M600pro and the S1000 set up with the A3 pro is just as functional. Powering it with dual Tattu 10K batteries or (1) Tattu 22K smart battery works great. Also, the S1000 can really move in sport mode. Payload is usually X5R for filming or a Z30 (just for fun). Good luck with yours.
Yeah I tend to get really into these kind of projects. I was planning to use my A7R2 to see if I like it that way with the older lightbridge. If not I’ll move to LB2 and A3 and try my X5 on it. Hopefully both work well. I definitely understand people moving to the M600 as it is just a newer system that has some really nifty features. But yeah if I go the S900 or S1000 route I know I’ll enjoy both. Might even mod it to run inspire batteries as they are the same voltage. Maybe try to clone and M600 to see if that works. Thanks and I’ll definitely post with whatever one I get.

Just curious, is there any kind of camera control with those set ups or is it a start recording from the ground kind of thing?
If I’m running the X5, than full control. With the Sony not really. I think with LB2 you have access to more controls than just start and stop but I am not 100% about that.

Just curious, is there any kind of camera control with those set ups or is it a start recording from the ground kind of thing?
Yes, you have controls... camera movement is via the gimbal. The RoninMX is controlled via normal tilt & pan like any Zenmuse payload. If using a different gimbal (Gremsy, etc), many provide same/similar interface.

Transmitted Visual from a mirrorless, Red, etc is through LB2 interface and on main or secondary screen.

Actual Camera controls by DJI was basically Start/Stop or Shutter which wasn't very appealing to many.

The challenge is the "camera settings" in flight, and that can be accomplished via intelli-G, Air Commander (airpixel), etc. For many cameras, especially Sony... although many others now offered; my opinion is Air Commander V2 is full featured, every camera control is available and viewable. Control is via seperate AirCommander remote and/or the M600 LB2 add-on "Channel Expander kit" adding additional switches & knobs to the RC Control... configured in Asst2.

I originally got the Intelli-G V2 unit 4 yrs ago... struggled with Exp Mod and Intelli-G controls. I think they've improved their software a lot since then and should take a new look. AirCommander has developed a lot since then... and offers nice control interface.

Thanks! Trust me I enjoy the hunt. When I looked through DJI’s website and videos I don’t think I have ever seen one mention sport mode on the A3. The N3 on the other hands one of the main sell points was sport mode. I’ll do some more digging. Personally the N3 is more than enough but I would go for an A3 if I had the chance. I will do what I can to make the best drone for what I need.

Have a great night and thank you once again!
Yep.. if you look at the M600Pro and it's features... it's exactly the same for S1000 A3Pro LB2 build. It is essentially a M600Pro in all functionality. That includes 3rd party Apps, Way Point missions, and various DJI flight controls & features.

As indicated earlier... only difference I've found is the FW excludes the XT2 Thermal that was added to the M600Pro. Personally, that's a market decision... not a limitation to platform.

You can even put the M600Pro RTK kit on S1000... same as M600Pro.

Reactions: Matthewsw1234
Yep.. if you look at the M600Pro and it's features... it's exactly the same for S1000 A3Pro LB2 build. It is essentially a M600Pro in all functionality. That includes 3rd party Apps, Way Point missions, and various DJI flight controls & features.

As indicated earlier... only difference I've found is the FW excludes the XT2 Thermal that was added to the M600Pro. Personally, that's a market decision... not a limitation to platform.

You can even put the M600Pro RTK kit on S1000... same as M600Pro.
Yeah the M600 is very similar to the s1000 in performance with the upgraded internals. What you mainly miss with the s1000 is readily available ronin support and battery safety. But like I said I was planning on modding my s900 soon to work with my old inspire batteries

Yeah the M600 is very similar to the s1000 in performance with the upgraded internals. What you mainly miss with the s1000 is readily available ronin support and battery safety. But like I said I was planning on modding my s900 soon to work with my old inspire batteries
Yep, similar... I believe a stock S1000 has a heavier payload capacity than a M600Pro, Plus a E1200 TPS & 17" prop upgrade provides a higher payload & performance.

I'm not following the lack of Ronin support statement... with A3Pro & LB2 setup... the S1000 is same as M600Pro with full RoninMX. The RoninMX was the only Ronin series that was officially supported by DJI for M600Pro. The move to a Gremsey is lighter and overall a better solution... balancing the payloads is improved, and their Interface hub is a nice improvement over the RoninMX.

Just for the fun builder discussions...
Interesting approach on batteries path;
Your battery discussion to mod a S1000 to TB48/47 batteries is an interesting direction, not seeing the overall gain.
The supply of Inspire 1 batteries and the overall health & lipo gel age is quite old & in higher stage of decay... you can buy rebuilt Inspire batteries by Kopter but price of TB48 for the size is costly compared to normal / smart LiPo batteries. This is great for Inspire 1 Crafts for sure!

The use of a S1000 over the M600Pro was essentially the batteries not being DJI pricey batteries for me and several others. Add the conviencience of a standard LiPo dual charger (iCharger 406DUO or 4010Duo) that provides a Balance lead connector and a hefty 85 Amp PS (I use a small converted Server PS) you gain a huge improvement in Charging station.

Standard / Smart LiPo are much better in size & cost over DJI Batteries. You gain much more battery & more management of LiPo charging... can drain, rebalance, balance charge slow or fast, etc. The TB48 or TB48S batteries get out of balance often, and require popping the top & connecting a custom balance lead to use on a 3rd party smart charger to recondition them. I have 8 sets (48) of M600Pro TB48S batteries (Inspire 1 - 14 batteries) that I baby how they're stored and charged... the Tattu LiPo's are so much easier to store & condition.

Incidentally, the highest failing DJI Batteries in my opinion are the Inspire 2 TB50's... I've had 4-6 of those stop taking a charge / fail for no reason.... great night before, then next day fail. Since they are sealed, not practical to attempt reconditioning. At least the TB48's can be opened to service & balanced.

Yep, similar... I believe a stock S1000 has a heavier payload capacity than a M600Pro, Plus a E1200 TPS & 17" prop upgrade provides a higher payload & performance.

I'm not following the lack of Ronin support statement... with A3Pro & LB2 setup... the S1000 is same as M600Pro with full RoninMX. The RoninMX was the only Ronin series that was officially supported by DJI for M600Pro. The move to a Gremsey is lighter and overall a better solution... balancing the payloads is improved, and their Interface hub is a nice improvement over the RoninMX.

Your battery discussion to mod a S1000 to TB48/47 batteries is an interesting direction, not seeing the overall gain.
The supply of Inspire 1 batteries and the overall health & lipo gel age is quite old & in higher stage of decay... you can buy rebuilt Inspire batteries by Kopter but price of TB48 for the size is costly compared to normal / smart LiPo batteries. This is great for Inspire 1 Crafts for sure!

The use of a S1000 over the M600Pro was essentially the batteries not being DJI pricey batteries for me and several others. Add the conviencience of a standard LiPo dual charger (iCharger 406DUO or 4010Duo) that provides a Balance lead connector and a hefty 85 Amp PS (I use a small converted Server PS) you gain a huge improvement in Charging station.

Standard / Smart LiPo are much better in size & cost over DJI Batteries. You gain much more battery & more management of LiPo charging... can drain, rebalance, balance charge slow or fast, etc. The TB48 or TB48S batteries get out of balance often, and require popping the top & connecting a custom balance lead to use on a 3rd party smart charger to recondition them. I have 8 sets (48) of M600Pro TB48S batteries (Inspire 1 - 14 batteries) that I baby how they're stored and charged... the Tattu LiPo's are so much easier to store & condition.

Incidentally, the highest failing DJI Batteries in my opinion are the Inspire 2 TB50's... I've had 4-6 of those stop taking a charge / fail for no reason.... great night before, then next day fail. Since they are sealed, not practical to attempt reconditioning. At least the TB48's can be opened to service & balanced.
Sorry I think what I said came out wrong. Both systems work flawlessly with the ronin series of gimbals. I meant that for the s900 and s1000 you have to modify the mounting plate and extend the landing gear. Everything works together, you just have to modify the parts. The main reason I considered the Inspire 1 TB48 batteries has nothing to do with the gain or lessen in performance. Honestly I just wanted to see if I could. No real reason besides that. I had no interest in buying new DJI batteries, just seeing if I could use the ones I have. I still fully plan on using 15,000 and 20,000 mah lipos. I also prefer the idea of the s series because of the fact that you have a lot of customization.
Thanks for the response. Never knew tb50s had problems so that is nice to know

Using a DJI camera such as the X5, X5r, X5s, z30 etc all basically have the same set of controls built into the software app that runs on your display. You can start or stop the camera at any time, change from shooting video to taking stills, take a low resolution still while shooting video, zoom lenses zoom in or out, you can change aperture, focal length and you can easily adjust focus with an attach focus controller all while in flight. Hope that helps.

Yeah I tend to get really into these kind of projects. I was planning to use my A7R2 to see if I like it that way with the older lightbridge. If not I’ll move to LB2 and A3 and try my X5 on it. Hopefully both work well. I definitely understand people moving to the M600 as it is just a newer system that has some really nifty features. But yeah if I go the S900 or S1000 route I know I’ll enjoy both. Might even mod it to run inspire batteries as they are the same voltage. Maybe try to clone and M600 to see if that works. Thanks and I’ll definitely post with whatever one I get.
Like I mentioned love drones just for the technology and fortunate enough to be able pick up toys. I have a M600pro with the D-RTK system. Can tell you the M600 is a beast size wise and has a heavy tone in the air, sounds like a B17 bomber to me. The D-RTK system provides the key difference with a much tighter lock on the positional attitude of the drone vs just using GPS. The S1000 with the A3 pro performs very closely to the 600 from my experience, with the 600 having a bit more lift. Enjoy both using the lightweight X5r--neither drone really notice the weight of the camera system as the batteries for both are significantly more payload. Two of the S1000s I picked up for a steal included the zenmuse gimbals one for the GH4 and the other for the A7. Keep thinking I will pick up a Sony A7 to play with but that's further down the interest list. Good to know others still find an interest in the S1000. If I had one concern it's putting that much drone in the air with one battery (kinda the same concern I used to have when I owned an Inspire 1). Suggest dual batteries at a minimum (have seen some strap 4 batts to the s1000, two on top of the platform and two below--think the weight penalty/flight time and stress on the system is too great though with this option vs the redundancy value).

Reactions: Matthewsw1234

Concur completely, have 5 sets of TB48's and baby them but it's work and time. The TB50's have 8 sets only one battery has failed for an unknown reason but haven't found a way to pry it open just out of curiosity. The Tattus for the s1000 are much simpler and I know they are being balanced charged and stored properly. Also agree about the RoninMX, have one setup that works on the s1000, but have also heard the Gremsey is a better option.

Reactions: dougcjohn
Like I mentioned love drones just for the technology and fortunate enough to be able pick up toys. I have a M600pro with the D-RTK system. Can tell you the M600 is a beast size wise and has a heavy tone in the air, sounds like a B17 bomber to me. The D-RTK system provides the key difference with a much tighter lock on the positional attitude of the drone vs just using GPS. The S1000 with the A3 pro performs very closely to the 600 from my experience, with the 600 having a bit more lift. Enjoy both using the lightweight X5r--neither drone really notice the weight of the camera system as the batteries for both are significantly more payload. Two of the S1000s I picked up for a steal included the zenmuse gimbals one for the GH4 and the other for the A7. Keep thinking I will pick up a Sony A7 to play with but that's further down the interest list. Good to know others still find an interest in the S1000. If I had one concern it's putting that much drone in the air with one battery (kinda the same concern I used to have when I owned an Inspire 1). Suggest dual batteries at a minimum (have seen some strap 4 batts to the s1000, two on top of the platform and two below--think the weight penalty/flight time and stress on the system is too great though with this option vs the redundancy value).
Ha! Had to laugh on the B17 comment! I've told others the exact same thing! Sounds awesome to my ears... that slow prop, low tone, gives the feeling the M600Pro swinging the 21" blades is just idling along till you bring her over in sport mode!

Also the only one I've seen that can actually give a clear "wave" to below group... she tilts & waves like an old Quad Prop... aka: B17!

Also agree.. tandem is best! Put a "toner" on it... so if 1 battery fails you know flight time is getting cut short.

Reactions: RCOverload

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalyst