Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Which props? totally confused

Reaction score
I know this has been beaten to death and I've done a lot of searching. Seems to be all kinds of debate on the type of props and hubs to use. Most of the searches I've looked at are a few months dated.
So what is the latest? Screw on with locks? 1345s? 1345T? or aftermarket?

You can't use the 1345s on the V2 and vice versa. I like the locking cam on the 1345T props, much more secure. The performance between the S and the T props should be identical IMHO.

I Have a V1
Actually its the quick release hubs I was concerned about. And the issues with them

1345 self tightening with lock nuts are the most secure.
+1

They take 20 seconds more to install. But those seconds are worth it. You feel exactly if they are screwed on tight enough. And the added snap on/over locks give a real extra sense of security. It is a great last step in propellor check. The snap on lock only fits well when the prop is turned on tight.

I still wonder what DJI was thinking when they designed the quick release props. I never trusted them one bit. The stopping power of the Inspire1 is incredible and causes a lot of momentum and stress on the thin metal lips that hold the prop in place. The conventional threaded prop has the momentum spread over all the threads. The added snap on lock prevents the prop from unwinding during a harsh stop.

Reactions: eldorado

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44