Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Why no VPS in ATTI mode?

Reaction score
With all the current reports of crazy flight behaviour and control issues I'm finding myself having very little trust in P-GPS mode as every report seems to be in that mode of flight. The thing that worries me about ATTI though is takeoff and landing in wind as until airborne it's very difficult to gauge the effect of the wind.

I wonder why DJI have limited the use of the Visual Positioning System to P-OPTI which is only available in P mode when not enough Satellites can be attainted for P-GPS. it would seem to me that having the ability to use the VPS in ATTI mode as well could be really useful.

I do understand that there could be a tricky transition as the VPS moves out of range and wind starts to have more effect but that would just be another thing to learn. Even if VPS was only engaged as the landing gear came down it could be a useful tool.

Or am I missing something?

Last edited:
I am not a big fan of the VPS personally. It tends to get in my way more than anything. Atti is supposed to be clear of those sensors that can get in the way and VPS is definitely one of them. Whenever doing shoots passing tall objects it used to always climb until I was able to turn it off. Honestly, P mode is perfect for take off and landing. That is the only time I use it. If anything gets wonky just switch out.

Thanks for moving it to the correct place Mazz.

Right, yes that makes sense as VPS wouldn't always be wanted, especially for low level work. It would be nice to be able to use it if required though without handing over position decisions to the GPS system, maybe just impractical with the switching options available.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk