Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Why you don't fly over other people's homes...

But ................... two other houses in the same neighborhood caught fire from errant Fireworks - ;)

. Drones drop from the sky, unannounced and injure people. Thus the rules

No they don't, but Manned aircraft fall out of the sky in the USA on a WEEKLY, basis, unannounced, and KILL people.

I have insurance on my Car, my Truck, and my Inspire, just in case something happens, and that $1m UAV liability insurance certificate is on file at the City I live in, as well as the surrounding communities. No one runs, or freaks when I show up to film something with my UAV :)

Reactions: SanCap and MacDyver
"No they don't, but Manned aircraft fall out of the sky in the USA on a WEEKLY, basis, unannounced, and KILL people."
Thus the regulations and why we don't hand over the controls of an aircraft to just any untrained fool. And why the current FAA rules on flying over people exist and should be followed.

"I have insurance on my Car, my Truck, and my Inspire, just in case something happens" Good for you, so do I.

Good for you, so do I.

It's not "good for you".......................... it's "responsible"

If the FAA wanted to accomplish anything last year, they should have started with this simple rule ....................

any persons flying a uav heavier than 2 lbs (outside of their OWN private property) must register and show proof of at least $250k liability Insurance, and.........
give local police the authority to ask for proof of both, (not tell folks where they can fly, but ask for registration and ins or issue citation).

That is very simple (start) and at least holds flyers accountable, whether they claim "hobbyist" or not).

I did not post in this thread to piss you off licensed pilot, it is very clear that You follow the rules, but you are always over-the-top on everyone who is Not you.

Of course we will eventually have accidents, just like death by lawnmower, meteorite, hippo, lightning strike. Any human on the planet is at some risk. The odds of you being killed by a swarm of bees is much higher than death by drone. Let's be reasonable here please.
Registration
Insurance
Fly Responsibly

If you drive your car like an idiot, operate your lawnmower like an idiot, or fly your drone like an idiot, you will be, and should be, charged with "Reckless Endangerment"

My post is about the 'hobbyist in the USA", (the commercial guys like myself should have these two things, PLUS most of the other stuff posted in other threads about 333 and 107).

Goodnight Elizabeth :)

Reactions: Joola and MacDyver
No they don't, but Manned aircraft fall out of the sky in the USA on a WEEKLY, basis, unannounced, and KILL people.

I have insurance on my Car, my Truck, and my Inspire, just in case something happens, and that $1m UAV liability insurance certificate is on file at the City I live in, as well as the surrounding communities. No one runs, or freaks when I show up to film something with my UAV :)

More like on a daily basis! Here is what happened in the last month alone for manned aircraft. List by Month don't forget to expand the page as there are 130 entries!

Typical sensationalist non reporting, "
The incident was reported as a possible structure fire, but when crews arrived, they found no smoke or flames coming from the two-story home at the address. Upon further investigation, crews reported a drone had crashed into the home and fallen to the ground nearby, where it caught fire.
The residence was not damaged, authorities said."
However since manned aircraft do fall from the sky crash and burn entire neighborhoods it seems the untrained fools track record is better.

Reactions: ted35 and Ftolino
If the FAA wanted to accomplish anything last year, they should have started with this simple rule ....................

any persons flying a uav heavier than 2 lbs (outside of their OWN private property) must register and show proof of at least $250k liability Insurance, and.........
give local police the authority to ask for proof of both, (not tell folks where they can fly, but ask for registration and ins or issue citation).
The FAA Charter does not empower them to mandate insurance. Couldn't do it.
The FAA cannot legally "give" local police any enforcement authority . Local cops can check for proper documentation and report to the relevant federal agency.

"but you are always over-the-top on everyone who is Not you." Not sure what you mean, unless it's a personal shot...

Typical sensationalist non reporting, "
The incident was reported as a possible structure fire, but when crews arrived, they found no smoke or flames coming from the two-story home at the address. Upon further investigation, crews reported a drone had crashed into the home and fallen to the ground nearby, where it caught fire.
The residence was not damaged, authorities said."
However since manned aircraft do fall from the sky crash and burn entire neighborhoods it seems the untrained fools track record is better.
A total nonstory, unless it was YOUR house.;)

Reactions: ted35
Came across this video today on YT.

It's only a matter of time that a serious drone collision with an airplane or helicopter is going to happen.

Came across this video today on YT.

It's only a matter of time that a serious drone collision with an airplane or helicopter is going to happen.
Respectfully, you are pissing into the wind. Too many think that is cool and their "right" to endanger others trumps safety. Just read the postings on this forum....

Last edited:
Too bad we can't track this moron and put him/her in jail; after stomping on his drone.

You are a real whiner/chithead, a guy who starts threads so he can hear himself preach, then argue with anyone with differing opinion. (u prolly argue with yourself when u shave in the am).

Use your free "Blog" over on RCG and start all these non-sense threads over there. Making folks suffer who aren't specifically looking to see you make 7 of 10 posts is uncool, and past redundant.

It's over, and over, and over with you .......
"track this moron and put him/her in jail; after stomping on his drone"

See how you lose it, and after being the one who started the thread in the first place?
You need to chill bro, we know only your opinion matters, and you are the only SAFE flyer on the planet,
enough already ;)

You are a real whiner/chithead, a guy who starts threads so he can hear himself preach, then argue with anyone with differing opinion. (u prolly argue with yourself when u shave in the am).

Use your free "Blog" over on RCG and start all these non-sense threads over there. Making folks suffer who aren't specifically looking to see you make 7 of 10 posts is uncool, and past redundant.

See how you lose it, and after being the one who started the thread in the first place?
You need to chill bro, we know only your opinion matters, and you are the only SAFE flyer on the planet,
enough already ;)
Passive aggressive much?:D

enough already ;)
I appreciate his threads...
Ahhh, he got some good info, probably just hate we never say. Thankyou:cool:
By the way he's 63 kill with em with kindness:eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly36