Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Wide angle lens for the inspire 2

Reaction score
Hello, I have recently purchased a Olympus 7-14 zoom lens for a Panasonic GH5 we use. We also own a Inspire 2 with the X5S camera.
I am looking for some advice on optional wide angle lenses that could be used both for my GH5 and X5s rather than the Olympus 7-14 pro that is really to heavy and not usable for the X5s.

We have recently purchased the wide angle lens but have the ability to return it. It is an awesome lens. Seems like if I was able to purchase a lens that worked on the ground and in the air it would be a better decision.
Please post thoughts to help me with this purchase.
We started out doing aerial videos and now realtors are asking us to do interior thus the need for wide angle lens.

I've read good things about the Olympus 12mm. if you're looking for variable the 14-42mm Olympus seems to be about your best option. I have one and like it but can get some distortion at the higher end. I haven't tried the 12mm myself.

I've read good things about the Olympus 12mm. if you're looking for variable the 14-42mm Olympus seems to be about your best option. I have one and like it but can get some distortion at the higher end. I haven't tried the 12mm myself.
I am hoping to be in the 8mm to 10mm range. When we shoot real estate stills seems as thought the 12mm isn't quite wide enough.
Thanks

I use the 9-18mm olympus and it works great. I needed a wider option for 4k60 RAW with the crop and then gives somewhere around a true 24,25mm, but the open gate stuff looks awesome.

The payload is a bit heavy, so you have to buy the balance rings, and i still needed some weight on the side of the gimbal, and back of the gimbal when using ND Filters. I just used Velcro and a few quarters to the side and back of the gimbal to get good balance.

It does get some vibration at higher speeds in single op mode, especially when tilting down or flying sideways but i didn't have the same issues in dual operator mode so i might be doing something wrong. It doesn't have electronic zoom, but thats not really a deal breaker for me.

Haven't really shot my other lenses much since getting that, hope that helps.

The Laowa 7.5 is a fantastic lens. Minimal distortion and good edge sharpness. Infinity focus at 1.5 meters. Best of all no balance mods needed.

Just set for infinity & it's perfect. I did indoor with it & set it back about 1/8" & it was perfect then too! I did fly for this one because of close quarters & rode it on an A/V cart ;) But it shows how sharp & capable the lens is!
Cheers, Jon

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pavitrakher1