Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Width of Inspire 1 landing gear in landing mode

Reaction score
I bought a used Inspire 1 V2, which the previous owner said had just been repaired by DJI, including replacement of the main carbon fiber arms between the body and the landing gear/motors. I also bought an Bestem InsPak X5 case, which will hold the Inspire 1 in landing mode with an X5 camera. However my Inspire 1 (with the X5 gear extensions) will not fit into the case, the landing gear pads are too close together by about an inch or so. Bestem claims they have never heard of an Inspire 1 not fitting into this case, so I was wondering if somehow DJI didn't mount the landing gear/motor mounts at the correct angle when they repaired it. I have not flown it yet.
Could someone measure the width of their Inspire 1 landing gear pads in landing mode, so I can tell if mine is correct? I turned my Inspire upside down, and the landing gear pads at the widest part measure 14 7/16" at the front and 14 3/16" at the rear. Crazy, that means the motors are angled differently at the front and the rear. I probably should send it back to DJI to have them look at it.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1216.JPG
    IMG_1216.JPG
    421.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1217.JPG
    IMG_1217.JPG
    432.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1218.JPG
    IMG_1218.JPG
    399.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1219.JPG
    IMG_1219.JPG
    427.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1223.JPG
    IMG_1223.JPG
    448.5 KB · Views: 31
It does fit in the DJI stock travel case in travel mode, but even that is a tight fit. Thanks Chipdji for the landing gear measurement. Something is not right with my Inspire 1's landing gear/motor strut angles, making the landing gear pads closer together. I think I'll have to send it back to DJI.

How do you like the case. I’ve been thinking about purchasing one. How many batteries does it hold.

The Bestem case looks really nice, holds four batteries, only $150, but I'm obviously unable to try it out at the moment.
I looked at the landing gear struts, I was thinking of trying to rotate the struts to the proper angle myself. they are held at the correct angle using hex head fasteners. I tried to find a hex key to fit, but 1.5mm is too small and 2mm is too big. Does anyone know how to do this and what hex key will fit these fasteners?

I bought a used Inspire 1 V2, which the previous owner said had just been repaired by DJI, including replacement of the main carbon fiber arms between the body and the landing gear/motors. I also bought an Bestem InsPak X5 case, which will hold the Inspire 1 in landing mode with an X5 camera. However my Inspire 1 (with the X5 gear extensions) will not fit into the case, the landing gear pads are too close together by about an inch or so. Bestem claims they have never heard of an Inspire 1 not fitting into this case, so I was wondering if somehow DJI didn't mount the landing gear/motor mounts at the correct angle when they repaired it. I have not flown it yet.
Could someone measure the width of their Inspire 1 landing gear pads in landing mode, so I can tell if mine is correct? I turned my Inspire upside down, and the landing gear pads at the widest part measure 14 7/16" at the front and 14 3/16" at the rear. Crazy, that means the motors are angled differently at the front and the rear. I probably should send it back to DJI to have them look at it.
Thanks
I have the same case and love it. Travels well. It looks almost like your arms are angled to far in at the bottom. Hard to tell from the photo.

Thanks
The angle of the tube the motors are mounted to are turned in to far. They should be at or around 80 to 85 degrees, factory setting is 85 degrees if I remember correctly but I have seen them vary between 80-85. They didn’t align them when they fixed it. Can fix it yourself with a degree wheel. That should be a 2mm to loosen that bolt but the Chinese are not always the best at making things exact. In that case find the tightest fitting torque bit for it to get it loose.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop