Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Will the Z3 be compatible with the Inspire 2?

No; there is no camera compatibility across the Inspire 1 and Inspire 2.

DJI has changed the interface between the camera and the craft, mostly to move the image processing from the camera to the craft.

So no camera that works on the 1 will work on the 2, and no camera that works on the 2 will work on the 1.

That said, the X4S looks to be a much better camera than the X3; it has a much larger sensor, and supports higher bit rates.

But if you are looking to buy a $3,000 state-of-the-art drone, and use your left-over low-end camera with it, you are going to be disappointed.

Here is the easy compatibility list of items between the Inspire 1 and the Inspire 2

Lanyard and clip
lenses for the X5's

Thats it. that all you can use

Among the incompatible items: the X5R SSDs. This is a big bummer, as they cost $1,500 each.

But again, the new system is better, as it mounts as a native drive, and does not require DJI software to extract the footage.

But again, this is something they could have had right the first time.

Well, we might skip the I2 altogether and continue with our I1's for as long as DJI actively supports them.

We might be in for a long smooth period of sporadic (or none) FW upgrades.

Reactions: ash223
Do the new cameras also work with matrice 600? If so then should work with i1? Will they work with new flight controller....

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Do the new cameras also work with matrice 600? If so then should work with i1? Will they work with new flight controller....

No they will not work with the M600.

Here is the complete list of everything from the inspire1 and M600 that works with the Inspire 2 and vice versa

Lanyard
Lenses for the X5

That's it

Guys, nothing on the Inspire 1 will work on the Inspire 2 other than the lenses and maybe the SD card. I have both and the I2 is an entirely different craft. If you are happy with your I1 please continue to fly it. If you are looking for DNG and Prores then after paying the licensing fee the I2 is your craft. I am sure that many of the I1 users will continue to make money with them. This is not a mandatory upgrade.

Reactions: Bigdz
Guys, nothing on the Inspire 1 will work on the Inspire 2 other than the lenses and maybe the SD card. I have both and the I2 is an entirely different craft. If you are happy with your I1 please continue to fly it. If you are looking for DNG and Prores then after paying the licensing fee the I2 is your craft. I am sure that many of the I1 users will continue to make money with them. This is not a mandatory upgrade.

Looks similar, name is similar but thousands of $ worth of equipment is incompatible. DJI shareholders are laughing their way to the bank while I1 owners are feeling the rage...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry