Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Won't travel because of ghost gimbal.

Reaction score
Hi.

After a few frustrating hours i've come here in hope of some help. Ever since 1.7 update my inspire 1 will not enter travel mode. It says to detach the gimbal which isn't there and sometimes makes a little click as if was going to travel.

Also while it is on the ground pushing the raise/lower wing switch once either way will make the wings extend from ground setting to flight setting, or other way round.

Currently

DJI GO iOS upgraded to v2.7.1
Camera version v1.7.0.90
aircraft version v1.6.0.40

Have downgraded/upgraded in various combinations and tried various surfaces.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Hi.

After a few frustrating hours i've come here in hope of some help. Ever since 1.7 update my inspire 1 will not enter travel mode. It says to detach the gimbal which isn't there and sometimes makes a little click as if was going to travel.

Also while it is on the ground pushing the raise/lower wing switch once either way will make the wings extend from ground setting to flight setting, or other way round.

Currently

Camera version v1.7.0.90

Any ideas?

Cheers.
Sometime ghost gimbals require a priest to exorcise the evel demons in them or......you can try flipping the inspire over on its head (when switched off) and using a screwdriver through the hole on the bottom to turn the wormscrew drive a fraction (sometimes they stick and refuse to initiate travel mode). Then give it another try.
Failing that, sprinkle holy water over it and run.

Reactions: lrh111
Sometime ghost gimbals require a priest to exorcise the evel demons in them or......you can try flipping the inspire over on its head (when switched off) and using a screwdriver through the hole on the bottom to turn the wormscrew drive a fraction (sometimes they stick and refuse to initiate travel mode). Then give it another try.
Failing that, sprinkle holy water over it and run.[/
r.

ok cheers will try that later

Its saying the gimbal is still attached when I flip it 4 times.
This manual screw moving should do the trick, worked for me when Inspire ignored my 4x toggle switching. Also, in latest version of iOS Go app, Enter the travel mode command is accessible at the very bottom of aircraft status page ... You must scroll it down ...

Hi.

Currently

Camera version v1.7.0.90

Any ideas?

Cheers.
After trying repeatedly to get mine into trave
Hi.

Currently

Camera version v1.7.0.90

Any ideas?

Cheers.
Had mine in the house and on the carpet and tried maybe 15 times to get it into travel mode and no luck. Finally picked it up and placed it on a smooth table top and it worked perfectly!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08