Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Wookong Controller advice wanted

Reaction score
We are looking at getting a cheap RandD drone at the moment to test new cameras etc with and have been offered a Tarot 680 with a wookong system for very little money.

However i have no idea if you can do proper mapping with this flight controller and wanted to ask if other people knew ?

I know its old hat now but for the price if it does take mapping instructions it would be brilliant for us.

Thanks
Mick

you can use it for mapping but you need the DJI GCS and link for it. Be warned when you press go on the laptop it starts right up on you so make sure your well clear of it :)

Reactions: giumick
We are looking at getting a cheap RandD drone at the moment to test new cameras etc with and have been offered a Tarot 680 with a wookong system for very little money.

However i have no idea if you can do proper mapping with this flight controller and wanted to ask if other people knew ?

I know its old hat now but for the price if it does take mapping instructions it would be brilliant for us.

Thanks
Mick
Before you jump in too quickly you might want to Google/YouTube 'Wookong Flip of Death'

Don't want to put you off though!

Before you jump in too quickly you might want to Google/YouTube 'Wookong Flip of Death'

Don't want to put you off though!

That is definitely enough to put me off pal lol

I could of had the drone for 300 quid but it wont work for me anyway as the old GSD only runs apple and only offers 50 ways points if i remember right :(

If its too good to be true it usually is sadly ey...

Reactions: The Editor
never had one flip on me, and the only reason they used too was bad location / vibration through the frame.

But WKM and A2 i'd happily fly as they are both great flight controllers

never had one flip on me, and the only reason they used too was bad location / vibration through the frame.

But WKM and A2 i'd happily fly as they are both great flight controllers

Unfortunately if they only can fly autonomously on apple its a a no go for me anyway :(

erm no its windows laptop controlled waypoint wise same as A2, not sure theres a mac version and certainly not sure if theres an ipad version.

I recommend you need to google it before buying anything. get some knowledge on the flight controllers your looking at.

erm no its windows laptop controlled waypoint wise same as A2, not sure theres a mac version and certainly not sure if theres an ipad version.

I recommend you need to google it before buying anything. get some knowledge on the flight controllers your looking at.

Thats good to hear, I was under the impression that all the old Dji stuff had to be controlled using the Bluetooth link and ground station app. I will have to do some more digging. I was told in could only do 50 waypoints at a time as well so maybe this i not true.

My local repair centre said they thought mapping had been removed as a support of it.

Last edited:
unlocked software versions can do a lot more than 50 waypoints

naza v2 can only do 16 waypoints for example and thats it max

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lily212