Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X3 nut adjustment

Reaction score
I am working on several X3 gimbals that someone totally took apart. Magnetic nuts and all. I have about 12 or so. I have managed to get half of them working perfectly. No small task. I will try to put together a procedure for doing this. Anyone interested now can contact me.

Reactions: InspireEagle
A while back I was trying to poke at the firmware to try and find any kind of auto-calibrate on these. It's a **** shame, but I'm starting to think that there is no built-in code that does this. Here's some info I've been collecting on it.

I have an X3 that I still have yet to get completely right after fiddling with the nuts for days. It all started when I was trying to fix the original problem with the firmware getting corrupted. I ended up accidentally erasing the bootloader off the Amerella chip so be very careful with that system's bootloader commands! I bought a new/used head off ebay and tried that, but it has different calibration data that it uses. If I knew where the data was stored I could probably swap chips, but that presents a whole new set of problems.

Here's some info I've searched through on the firmware problem.

So far I have learned that the yaw nut is the easiest. There are several different points where it will work. Not all point straight ahead. Look in the bottom left corner of the app to see where it should be. It should point the same as the triangle points. Then you are left with just 2 nuts to tinker with. I set the pitch at at a mark I make. Then I keep moving the roll about 15 degrees at a time. After I go 360 degrees I move the pitch about 10 degrees and go back to the roll and start over. Hours go by. Seems like days. I leave the led to the roll and pitch motors disconnected. That prevents damaging them. When you are close the yaw will start working correctly. Then reconnect the roll and pitch and tweak for a few more hours.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk