Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X3 V Z3 Camera

Reaction score
Maybe you guys can help me with this. I am considering upgrading my X3 to a Z3 Is the upgrade worth it. And if so I’m running the latest firmware update. Well I need to do another update if I decide to go with the Z3 can I just install the Z3 and good to go.

will need to install the FW for the Z3. and IMO the Z3 is cool cause it has the 7x zoom. but other than the zoom its pretty much identical to the X3

Is the focal length the same, I haven't looked at specs yet but was pondering the same question.... other than Zoom is there any difference between X3 & Z3.

I thought there was a different F-stop and Focal length.

Is the focal length the same, I haven't looked at specs yet but was pondering the same question.... other than Zoom is there any difference between X3 & Z3. I thought there was a different F-stop and Focal length.

Yes, F-stop, FL and also the ability to focus.

Same sensor as the x3 but with 7x loss less zoom. Also has a micro motor to help cushion the yaw of the bird. It’s a little bit bigger than the X3 but can still use the same nd filters. Seems to have a little better glass in it than the x3. At least mine does. A tad bit crisper in the photos and video. Then again for the cost of that camera you can buy the Mavic Air with the same sensor but 100 mbps instead of 60mbps which is a noticeable difference in video.

Thanks guys. I found a z3 for a good price. If anybody is looking for a X.3 I will be having one for sale real soon.

Yes, F-stop, FL and also the ability to focus.
Same sensor as the x3 but with 7x loss less zoom. Also has a micro motor to help cushion the yaw of the bird. It’s a little bit bigger than the X3 but can still use the same nd filters. Seems to have a little better glass in it than the x3. At least mine does. A tad bit crisper in the photos and video. Then again for the cost of that camera you can buy the Mavic Air with the same sensor but 100 mbps instead of 60mbps which is a noticeable difference in video.

Sounds like the Z3 is the best route.
Is there any purpose or feature where the X3 is better?
I was assuming the X3 would be better in low light with a wider F-stop and surprising from above comment, I assumed the X3 would be sharper than a Zoom.

Sounds like the Z3 is the best route.
Is there any purpose or feature where the X3 is better?
I was assuming the X3 would be better in low light with a wider F-stop and surprising from above comment, I assumed the X3 would be sharper than a Zoom.
Only thing that is nice sometimes especially if doing live feed is having infinite focus all the time instead of having to tap on the screen to focus on what you want it focused on. Really tho if you are at all serious about making money from videos or photos get the x5 or x5r. If you want a zoom camera and are doing this as a hobby where the best picture quality is not absolutely needed then the z3 is for you. The x3 and z3 both have the same f stop on the lower end if I remember correctly. Both are 2.8 so low light performance is the same. Until you zoom in with the z3 that is.

Only thing that is nice sometimes especially if doing live feed is having infinite focus all the time instead of having to tap on the screen to focus on what you want it focused on. Really tho if you are at all serious about making money from videos or photos get the x5 or x5r. If you want a zoom camera and are doing this as a hobby where the best picture quality is not absolutely needed then the z3 is for you. The x3 and z3 both have the same f stop on the lower end if I remember correctly. Both are 2.8 so low light performance is the same. Until you zoom in with the z3 that is.
I'd agree... have a X5 & X5R, 2- Z3, 1 X3. The Z3 & X3 are recent grabs. Considering the X3 unit to convert to IR for Ag NDVI usage. The Z3 for the zoom and lighter load for some applications.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
technologyacair