Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X4S Blur on left side of image

Chris, sorry to hear about your problem. For what its worth I have had my I2 for 2 weeks, with the X4S camera. I have taken mostly 4K video and the image is clear from left to right and top to bottom. What configuration are you using and is the problem with both images and video?

Hi David, I just had another look and it is evident on the video as well (4K). I'll try the IMU and gimbal calibration and firmware refresh however I'm suspecting it may be a defect in the lens or sensor. I've checked the lens and cleaned it etc so its not the rookie 'I didn't clean the lens'. Hopefully the calibrations and firmware refresh may help...
I haven't heard of any X4S's having this problem yet...

@Chris A -- I can't see your attached image in your OP but this is an issue we've had documented in-house at least once in the last week or so. I'd recommend contacting your dealer to initiate a DOA replacement or if you're beyond that period then a warranty claim with DJI. (Will also mention that this was a very common problem with Mavic units and is still arising)

What's up with all the quality control issues out of DJI and the I2? A camera with a tilted sensor should be caught quickly by someone with an auto-collimator if they actually do any Q.C inspection on these things. A camera repair shop probably could do a better calibration than DJI is able to do. It's about a 15 second test, and the shimming will be the slow part of the process at either the bayonet or the sensor mount itself. Seems they don't do much of any Q.C. at all and let the customer find out if something is wrong with it and play Q.C. agent. Their tolerances must be really loose, that or they moved all the Q.C. people into marketing.

Good grief! Bad props. Landing gear that doesn't work. Cameras with tilted sensors. Firmware issues. If they think their new M200 is going to be for business and top-tier, they need to get their act together. They'll just put out some other bug-ridden product quickly even if it is bad and poorly tested prior to marketing telling everyone how great it is..

Reactions: EDDSkitz
They most certainly are a camera company. They own Hasselblad and bought them for a reason.

Point is they don't have the experience of a camera companies like Nikon, Canon, Olympus, Pentax, etc making lenses with edge to edge sharpness. DJI was founded in 2006, Nikon was founded in 1917. Probaly a big difference in lens technology.

Reactions: EDDSkitz
I have an X4S and the right 1/6 section of my photos are out of focus... mostly noticeable in low light, but still not great during the day either. Has sending the camera back and getting a new one worked for anyone else, or is there still an issue with the X4S? I've been tolerating the blur, but now I'm getting real tired of it after seeing how sharp it should be (the left and mid areas are great, but the right disappoints me)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa