Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X4s Shutter Issue With DroneDeploy

Reaction score
I will often have an X4s shutter lockup while executing a DroneDeploy map. The symptoms are: while taking photos the video feed will lockup and the circle that sweeps around the recording button keeps circling and does not stop, The reason I believe it may be a shutter issue is because the last photo taken is way overexposed. The only way that I have found to remedy this is to switch to ATTI mode, then back to P-mode, land the bird and restart the mission. Sometimes this will happen three or four times over the course of a 1500 photo mapping. It seems to happen more in colder weather, but has occurred under all temperature conditions.
Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, have they found a better solution? I thought that possibly hitting the pause button, firing the shutter manually, then hit the pause button again to restart the mission may work, but I haven't had a chance to try this theory, yet.

Suggestions? Thanks.

Reaction score
What is colder weather? I have no issues down to about 20 degrees but have others have reported shutter issues in sub zero weather.

Reaction score
I will often have an X4s shutter lockup while executing a DroneDeploy map. The symptoms are: while taking photos the video feed will lockup and the circle that sweeps around the recording button keeps circling and does not stop, The reason I believe it may be a shutter issue is because the last photo taken is way overexposed. The only way that I have found to remedy this is to switch to ATTI mode, then back to P-mode, land the bird and restart the mission. Sometimes this will happen three or four times over the course of a 1500 photo mapping. It seems to happen more in colder weather, but has occurred under all temperature conditions.
Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, have they found a better solution? I thought that possibly hitting the pause button, firing the shutter manually, then hit the pause button again to restart the mission may work, but I haven't had a chance to try this theory, yet.

Suggestions? Thanks.
This is possibly a reach... but I‘d consider it.

The X4S has a mechanical leaf shutter up to 1/2000 and the electronic rolling shutter begins at 1/2000.

Is it possible in the colder temps, this might present a shutter issue if trying to adjust to compensate light and shutter changing operation modes? Are you shooting near 1/2000 or Ap priority allowing it to cross over 1/2000?

Reaction score
As an offer to assist another MidWesterner...
I have a practically new (few hours) spare X4S that I’d consider loaning out short term to test / verify if your camera has fault if not a shutter issue referenced in previous post.

I’m just south of you... DesMoines area.

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your ideas. It seems to happen a little more in colder temps, but has also occurred in 80 degree temps. The shutter option in Go 4 is set to “Mechanical” and shutter speeds rarely exceed 1/400, as I will use a filter to get it around that speed.
Thank you for the kind offer. I do have a second X4s camera which I will try next to see if that makes a difference.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tickmedia