Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5R Camera not centered

Reaction score
sorry if this is a re-post guys but every since I put this X5R on my Inspire 1 Pro Black the camera gimbal has never centered. I have tried everything I can think of:
- up to date firmware
- Calibrate everything
- Balanced the camera perfectly
- Checked all the settings

I noticed there is a camera roll adjustment but not one for the camera yaw

Any help will be greatly appreciated

have you resolved this issue?

I had the same issue after getting work don't on my X5R Gimbal By DJI in LA and it had to be sent back. they ended up doing 1400 dollars worth of repairs to it including replacing the main board covered by warranty because I guess they had cause the issue during the repair. but during the initial trouble shooting I heard that there are some manual physical adjustments you can make I personally was not willing to take a screw driver to the gimbal the rest of the drone sure.. seeing as they replaced the main board on my drone it is possible said adjustments would not have helped anyway. If you have done all of the calibrations ( I even re installed firmware multiple times) I would say the only option would be to have a tech look at it unfortunately from my experience.

sorry not more help.

or at the very least call in to a Vendor that sells and services DJI products there usually pretty decent at trouble shooting with you at least in my experience. especially if you have already done the leg work online.

I believe there is supposed to be a camera yaw adjustment in the next GO version. It was mentioned in the 4.1.5 version for the Inspire 2 but it wasn't there. It was in the P4 version though, but if affected the Roll and not the Yaw. Typical DJI screw-up again.

Might pay to wait and see what they add in the next version. It took a long while for the Roll adjustment to appear when people complained of tilted horizons, but it showed up.

On My I2 There is an option in the GO menu for gimbal yaw reset. It can be assigned to either the C1 or C2 buttons under the remote. Pressing it on mine straightens the horizon and resets the gimbal to a centered position. Easy to do in flight.

It's a magnetic nut inside that you have to turn to adjust the yaw. I did it on my X3, works really well but if you're not technically inclined I would suggest to not do it yourself

Reactions: niki and Blacksails
Yeah, as McCrea said. On the X5R you remove the pan motor cover and then the board to reveal the nut. The magnetic nut can then be adjusted very slightly left and right to center the gimbal.

Reactions: niki

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide