Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5R DNG Raw vs. DNG Raw Premiere?

Reaction score
Can you please explain the difference between the DNG Raw and DNG Raw Premiere export options in Cine Lite? I'm going to be editing in Premiere but I keep reading that users are apposed to the Premiere format.

What is the deal?

Thank you!

The latest version of Premiere Pro supports both formats, so it is no longer necessary to specify Premiere Pro compatibility.

I don't know of any differences between the two formats. But I would just use the default.

Can you please explain the difference between the DNG Raw and DNG Raw Premiere export options in Cine Lite? I'm going to be editing in Premiere but I keep reading that users are apposed to the Premiere format.

What is the deal?

Thank you!

Biggest difference is the Premiere version is uncompressed and is about 6X the size of the compressed DNG version. There were other differences but they both work with the latest Premiere now.

The compressed (non-Premiere) version also exports the fastest with CineLight, BUT can severely tax your system with Première as it has to uncompress every frame as you work with the footage. So it's really the classic space vs speed trade off.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jonathan Ross

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool