Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5R Iso Comparison Video

Reaction score
Here is a quick clip I made to show the difference in ISO noise from 100 to 6400. The results are intentionally exaggervated to show the noise progress.

Reactions: erikgraham
Here is a quick clip I made to show the difference in ISO noise from 100 to 6400. The results are intentionally exaggervated to show the noise progress.

Thank you for your time and effort to compile this very illustrative demonstration. I had similar experiences with X5 - and got totally frustrated by horizontal noise flickering at ISO800 and above. I couldn't find the way to shoot any dark shade, late sunset or after sunset scenes so finally concluded that X5 is just "daylight use only".

Did you find the way for X5R to be useful at ISO800 and ISO1600? Is there any way to avoid fixed pattern horizontal noise (I don't mind plain grain noise, as it can be manipulated in post)?

Thank you for your time and effort to compile this very illustrative demonstration. I had similar experiences with X5 - and got totally frustrated by horizontal noise flickering at ISO800 and above. I couldn't find the way to shoot any dark shade, late sunset or after sunset scenes so finally concluded that X5 is just "daylight use only".

Did you find the way for X5R to be useful at ISO800 and ISO1600? Is there any way to avoid fixed pattern horizontal noise (I don't mind plain grain noise, as it can be manipulated in post)?

Sorry I have not replied.. been away for some time. I try my hardest to shoot no higher then iso 400... just to be safe. im not good at correcting noise, So I unfortunately dont have a better answer.

I can confirm this too - don't even bother going higher than 400 ISO, it doesn't look pretty and no amount of noise reduction can recover it from looking flickery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla