Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5R - Marina Bay Sands Singapore

Hi Brendan, it is extremely great works. Just a short question, do you require to have specific permit to fly your IP1 in Singapore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good question, commercially, yes or for over 7kg. Not for the flight I did as non commercial and the area I flew. There are a lot of restrictions over there to be aware of, but they are really friendly if you follow the rules. Their are only limited areas on Singspore that you could actually fly, this was one of them :)

Reactions: Cgland
Cool but on the first clip you had some strange banding on the lights????

Cool but on the first clip you had some strange banding on the lights????

I was a little off on my first clip as I was walking through the water with the X5R/OSMO so was concerntrating on not slipping over :) slightly off on focus and settings.

Good question, commercially, yes or for over 7kg. Not for the flight I did as non commercial and the area I flew. There are a lot of restrictions over there to be aware of, but they are really friendly if you follow the rules. Their are only limited areas on Singspore that you could actually fly, this was one of them :)
Very nice work. I was there the last week but You don't really expect anyone to believe you had permits to fly over the city like that?

Very nice work. I was there the last week but You don't really expect anyone to believe you had permits to fly over the city like that?

Not commercial, here are the rules, none broken, not even the night bit (night flying was checked directly with CAAS before leaving and have the correspondence, as I was confirming my interptretation of "good visibility" and VLOS and if this included LEDs). They also said to check the restrictions on airspace for certain events also. I also asked for permission before flying near the garden to get the garden shots. Was told not to go near the sky garden dome so stayed well clear of that. The shot on Marina bay sands pool was not the inspire but the OSMO (limit is only 200 feet above sea level (not AGL) to name just one of the reasons I would t do that shot with the inspire). Any flights you see in other videos at the Marina bay sands height, or pool level are well over 200 feet. I also made use of the 14-42 zoom lense in a lot of the shots as well.

The majority of the flight was performed over water to act as segmentation from people/general public, as well as two spotters being used for all flights. The flight wasn't performed over the city and I specifically stayed well clear of it and stuck to the water on the south side of the bridge and even the water in the gardens. The rules are different from CASA rules, some stricter (eg 200 feet above sea level vs 400 feet above ground level), some not as strict (night flying if you can maintain visual contact(LEDs accepted)), no defined 30m rule, but a common sense approach to not flying over people, or crowds of people, or as a distraction to cars. There are a lot of restricted areas as highlighted in the map I attached also that need permits/permission also.

Similar aerodrome boundary rules to Australia, but also a lot of government sensitive areas that are restricted(listed in map). There are also restrictions put in place for special events where I flew (eg when formula 1 is on, or the Singapore national day and National day practice), but none where active when I flew. I did a lot of checking before even attempting this flight to respect the local laws/rules.

If you go back Dennis, take your Inspire for a spin :)

Flying of unmanned aircraft

Attachments

• image.gif
    image.gif
    357.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla