Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5R now does ProRes?

Reaction score
Can any of you owners / operators confirm if this is true? If so, what flavors of ProRes are available? It's one of the only reasons I've held off on the X5R purchase.
X5R prores.jpg

Hmmm well unless there is an updated X5r coming out, i highly doubt there is a prores encoding board hidden inside the current camera. They could be meaning prores via transcodes of raw with cinelight/resolve..

I wish i was wrong but id suspect its just marketing..

The X5R does not record in ProFes format. It records raw DNGs to the SSD and H.264 to the MicroSD. But no ProRes.

If you want ProRes, you have to transcode the raw footage yourself.

Thanks for the confirmation. Seems strange and confusing that they'd put that up on their X5R page if they have no actual licensing or other affiliation with the codec.

DJI confirmed that ProRes on that product page means Cinelight is capable of outputting it, even though it does a very bad job at it. Kind of misleading...

Misleading for sure. I'm wondering if they are licensed to transcode out to ProRes via Cinelight, what's the additional cost or complication of having the camera record straight to ProRes and make everyone's life much simpler?

Misleading for sure. I'm wondering if they are licensed to transcode out to ProRes via Cinelight, what's the additional cost or complication of having the camera record straight to ProRes and make everyone's life much simpler?
Because selling SSD's for £1200 a pop is more fun and the X5R isn't anywhere near powerful enough to write straight to pro-res.

I guess its no need to say that it dont support it as everyone else has said so. But if you get it/have it I suggest export files from Cinelight and use like the Adobe RAW to import.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan