Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5R: Palouse Wheat Fields at Sunset/Low Light

Reaction score
Hi Gang,

Here is a quick low light clip from some work we shot over on the Palouse in Washington State. Really enjoying these DNG's. If you can, watch it in 4K.

Cheers,
J

Last edited:
Got to be one of the most photogenic places in the world. A landscape photographers dream and on my visit list. Loved it!

Hi Niki,

Thanks for the kind words. We were shooting at F4 ISO 100 60th of a second. We should have been at ISO 200 as the footage was just a tad under but with the DNG's we didn't have any trouble.

Cheers,
J

Hi Gang,

Here is a quick low light clip from some work we shot over on the Palouse in Washington State. Really enjoying these DNG's. If you can, watch it in 4K.

Cheers,
J

Beautiful. Before we moved to Micronesia we lived in a 100+ year old farm house outside of Cheney that was completely surrounded by these fields. This brought back good memories.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jonathan Ross
Hi Gang,

Cheers,
J
Hi Gang,

Cheers,
J

Gorgeous video Jonathan. I live in Seattle and your video inspired me to visit the Palouse area this past weekend. I camped at the falls and took some photos of the milky way (see pic below) and stopped at the wheat fields on the way home to take a bunch of landscape shots. The crops are all harvested and/or brown right now, so I will have to return earlier in the season. I've been considering the Inspire RAW, and your video is a great argument for the upgrade. I have a cobbled together P2 system with a GoPro3 that I still use today, but it is getting long in the tooth and the image quality by comparison is a little lacking.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for sharing - great stuff!

PalouseSky.jpg

wow, couldn't belive my eyes for a bit, RAW video plus an obviously surreal location and smooth flight...
Is it the place where microsoft used for one their desktop backgrounds in the XP days?

Bravo.

Reactions: Jonathan Ross
Hi Gavinski,

Great shot of the Milky Way. We were there the week of June 13th so make a date in your calendar for next year. One word to share about the Raw, we had to upgrade our computer to handle the massive files just an FYI we did not realize at the time.

Cheers,
J

Hi Gavinski,

Great shot of the Milky Way. We were there the week of June 13th so make a date in your calendar for next year. One word to share about the Raw, we had to upgrade our computer to handle the massive files just an FYI we did not realize at the time.

Cheers,
J
What did you have to upgrade to? Mine is in the mail so I have not worked with the files yet. Did you work with the proxy file?

Hi x5yo,

Thank you it was a fun day flying for sure. The is not the infamous Windows cover, that was shot down in California. I have been producing stock footage and stills for 25 years full time. It just so happens that the shot you are referring to ( Microsoft ) sold for $187,000 dollars for that usage, it is the largest price paid for a stock image. I would be very happy if Microsoft cut me a 6 figure check for this. hahaha.

Cheers,
J

Hi Mike,

We wanted to output to Prores 422 for it is the widest use for stock content. Realize that if you want to work from Proxy you cannot do your color corrections as the data is not available in Proxy from a Raw so you need to have the horsepower to work with online files. To do that we went with a rebuilt tower I got from a builder on Ebay instead of a new Trash Can Mac. Super guy with great support and I paid less than half of a new Trash Can with much better support ( graphics cards in the Trash can are limited to only 2 and neither has much onboard ram ). We got a 12 core 5.1 tower with 128 g's ram and a 8 g's graphic card. It also has a 1 TB SSD for apps and another 1TB SSD for our work platform ( we pull our work onto this drive when editing ). It has another 8 TB of 7200rpm drives for storage. With this system we can eat through the Raw files with no issues. Total cost was 4K for the Tower and then we had to add a monitor. If you would like his contact I am happy to share. He stood behind everything with a 90 day warrantee and online phone support.

Cheers,
J

Reactions: Mike Ronesia

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84