Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X7 compatibility

Reaction score
I wish DJI would announce that the M300 is compatible with the X7 lens. I’m not holding my breath and I’m sure it is wishful thinking. I’ll be getting mine when I finalize the deal with the vendor. We are going over pricing for different options. I’m pretty excited about getting one. If DJI never does make the X7 lens compatible then I’ll just hunt for a preowned M200 to use it on as a backup drone. Not sure if that is a foolish idea and if I will be let down by the technological differences between the M300 and M200. Anyone on here use the X7 with their M200 if you own one?

thanks for your input.

It is not possible as M300's don't have an image processor (CineCore) in the aircraft like the Inspire 2 and Matrice 200 series have.

Further down the road a mapping payload will be introduced for the M300 series.

Quite honestly the M300 series really hasn't affected the M200 series. They are different birds with different feature sets, payload capabilities, and price points. Also much different battery management and operational planning when it comes to battery needs, flight time vs. battery cost, and total number of batteries needed.

We do use the X7 quite a bit in-house on the M200, M210 and primarily the M210 RTK (obviously all V2 as the X7 is not compatible with V1).

I'd say it comes down to your use applications and needs. The majority of M300 owners currently don't have requirements/needs for the X7 (inspection, public safety, utilities,)...just depends on your applications.

Reactions: Brett8883
My thoughts exactly. Without the x5s or x7 compatibly, not something I could use.

It is not possible as M300's don't have an image processor (CineCore) in the aircraft like the Inspire 2 and Matrice 200 series have.

Further down the road a mapping payload will be introduced for the M300 series.

Quite honestly the M300 series really hasn't affected the M200 series. They are different birds with different feature sets, payload capabilities, and price points. Also much different battery management and operational planning when it comes to battery needs, flight time vs. battery cost, and total number of batteries needed.

We do use the X7 quite a bit in-house on the M200, M210 and primarily the M210 RTK (obviously all V2 as the X7 is not compatible with V1).

I'd say it comes down to your use applications and needs. The majority of M300 owners currently don't have requirements/needs for the X7 (inspection, public safety, utilities,)...just depends on your applications.
Yes that makes sense. I am techie junkie at heart and there is no real work application for me. I am enamoerd with the technology of the M300 and of course I wish it had the ability to use the X7 lens. I may splurge and get both although I am sure it is an insanely expensive proposition. I know I can get a better deal on an m200 vs the 210, but the upward gimbal is an attractive feature. I wonder if i would feel a little let down when using the M200 versus what seems to be a far more advanced machine with the M300. Unsure yet. We shall see what kind of deal I can strike up with this vendor I am chatting with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa