Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X7 issue with Laowa 9mm. lens

Reaction score
On the Inspire 2 when I fit the Laowa 9mm. to the X7 it switches my Cendence RC from PAL to NTSC and alters my frame rate and resolution to 4K! Also switches from ProRes to Cinema DNG. So the SSD re-initialises also.
Any suggestions welcome as I'm ready to sell the lens if this continues!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Fina
On the Inspire 2 when I fit the Laowa 9mm. to the X7 it switches my Cendence RC from PAL to NTSC and alters my frame rate and resolution to 4K! Also switches from ProRes to Cinema DNG. So the SSD re-initialises also.
Lots of issues with this lens on X7 - Please use search function on the forum to find several threads documenting settings altering/issues.

I have the same issue just the other way round:
I need 25 fps (PAL) but the settings with the Laowa are preset to NTSC. Adjusting to my preferences yesterday was impossible: I neither could switch to PAL nor to Apple ProRes.

My workaround: I switched succesfully to the 16 mm and then again to the 9 mm. Then it worked and I could shoot in 25 fps (Apple ProRes), but I have to adjust my favorite settings over and over again.

As I love the 9 mm footage I keep on bearing those issues ;-)

More often experienced setting for raw files switches to jpegs..which I DO NOT WANT...so yea, settings often get jumbled. But I've learned to check all settings before flight. I've only flown LAOWA 9 for still shots...so can't add any experience to video setting changes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44