Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X7 - What lens do you use most?

Reaction score
Do you find you use the 16mm lens most, or is it worth having the 24, 35, and 50? I just ordered the Inspire 2 with X7 and the 16mm lens as I think it would be what I'd use most. But since you get a price break by getting all 4, I'm wondering if I should go with the set. How often do you use the 24, 35, and 50mm?

Most of my shoots are hotel/resort exteriors, apartment buildings, scenic city shots, small businesses, etc. Generally the wide angle is good to make things look bigger, so not sure I'd use the telephoto lenses as much. It might be nice to have the option though.

We typically find the 24 or 35 to be the go-to. Based on your use it does sound like the 16 will likely suit you well for most of what you're doing but even for some of that stuff having a narrower FOV you might like the ability to sit back a bit and pull in a bit tighter. I think you're going to find that you'll want a tighter option. Those that don't go with the full set usually go 1-3 (16 + 35mm) or 2-4 (24 + 50mm).

I got the X7 and the set of 4 lenses recently (you get nearly one for free when you buy them as a set), and have up to then used X5s with pretty much all the lenses you kan get (7,5, 12, 15, 17, 25, 45 and 14-42 zoom) and I must say the X7 and the different lenses is a pleasure to work with. The are all very precise balanced, and it is not a problem to shot video with the 50 mm - it is still very stabel and you don't get micro vibration as you get withe the X5S and the 45mm.

The X7 has x 1,5 crop so the 16 mm is equal 24 mm witch is the same as X5S with 12 mm and x 2 crop. The 24-35 I think I will be using most in the future, and the 50 and 16 mm a bit less.

Reactions: Advexure
Thank you everyone for your responses, I ended up getting the lens set of 4, and already have taken advantage of the 24 and 50mm lenses in addition to the 16mm, so I'm glad I got the set!

Thank you everyone for your responses, I ended up getting the lens set of 4, and already have taken advantage of the 24 and 50mm lenses in addition to the 16mm, so I'm glad I got the set!

I hope you are enjoying the lens set and X7. My lens choice varies quite a bit with shot design. But from a actual use perspective I use the 24mm the most and the 50mm second most. The 50mm is my favorite of the lot...love the look

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk